"Trot Rot"....hot2trot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Trot Rot"..A 60's Woman's Columbia Thunderbolt, converted to a kickbike. No chain. No pedals. No gears...Human powered simplicity. My version of a Rat Rod Kick Scooter.

BUILD THREAD: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/trot-rot.103176/

100_0202.JPG

100_0167 (3).JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

100_0037 (2).JPG

100_0151 (2).JPG

100_0160.JPG
100_0161.JPG
100_0168.JPG
100_0145 (2).JPG
100_0147.JPG
100_0158.JPG
100_0152.JPG
100_0162.JPG

100_0163.JPG

100_0207.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great ! I bet thats a head turner.

I've been riding it for a few days....It's smoother that I thought it would be, and it rolls easily.

Last edited:
Cool idea man love this scoot . This would be great at car shows or any where you wanted to get around easy in a crowd. Much safer & easier then trying to be on a bike .
It turned out killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@G-Matt...That's exactly what I made this for, car shows, flea markets, campgrounds or just kick around the neighborhood.

Love this scooter! Not only does it not have gears it doesn't even have pedals but I'd still love to ride it.:cool2: Was cool having you along for this one KOTA.

Love this scooter! Not only does it not have gears it doesn't even have pedals but I'd still love to ride it.:cool2: Was cool having you along for this one KOTA.
Thanks..It has been a long while since I have put anything together. I've been wanting to build one of these for some time. I can't thank everybody enough for giving such positive feedback....The most I was hoping for was tolerance....I received a lot more. Thanks again.

Now that I've actually built something.....I may have a bike or two left inside me.;)

I'm truly humbled by the compliments. I didn't think people would "get" it. These are not meant to replace bikes, to me they are an addition to our two wheeled addiction.....Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm already designing one in my head.
I've got a Shelby tank, and a cool set of fenders, some 24" wheels, and plenty of steel tubing... Just have to finish other stuff.

Latest posts

Back