Tru torch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
anyone order anything from tru torch? How did you order?
The web store seems funky to me. I tried emailing and calling both with no luck.
I did eventually say screw it and placed an online order. But I'm wondering if I'll ever see it.

I got a frame/fork/bars a few years back. Took forever, and i had to ream the seat tube myself. And the decals were all covered on the sticky side with blasting media, so those were all over the frame, half-stuck, half-sandy....and crooked. They were really dismissive of my complaint re: the seat-tube. Also, the dropouts weren't quite straight/parallel, either. Another member here got a frame around the same time i did; it had a really grim blem in the powder, right out the box. They gave him a huge hassle when he complained, too.

It's a shame b/c the beads look awesome and, once i got the frame sorted, it rode nicely. Clearly, Johnny has some skills, but the quality control just wasn't there. I know you already placed the order, so i hope they do better by you.... i just wouldn't expect to get anything really soon from those jokers. And, to anyone else reading this thread: caveat emptor.

I can't really recommend True Torch at all.

These guys are awful. Don't buy anything from them unless you can walk I. With cash and walk out with what you want.
Its been almost 2 months. I have tried calling, emailing, emailing through PayPal, and finally escalated it to PayPal. They provided a tracking number to PayPal for something that was left on a porch in Arizona, I'm in NJ.

Doesn't surprise me. Total garbage operation. What were you trying to get from them? I got a frame/fork/bars/post for a Pro. The post never ever fit the frame, even after i reamed it to 7/8" myself and easily slid other makers' 7/8" posts in there...

Did you get anything from the Ticker yet? His customer service level is awesome, but i think he's swamped with FB orders right now....he quoted me some lengthy turnaround, which is AWESOME b/c he's busy, and also b/c he's up-front about the time it's gonna take...

I got some V bars from tick for my schwinn. Nice.
I wanted one of those old school double clamp stems from true torch for another project. But that doesn't seem to be workin out

Latest posts

Back