Trucks. Big Trucks. Really Big Trucks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mulitpass, Count me in.

I have a friend that drives his truck that way, everyonce in awhile with bad results. First pics driving in a dried creek bed........except for one water hole

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck1.jpg

The engine threw a rod when it filled up with water.

These pics started on a innocent drive until the front end slid off the road when crossing the snow. .... diesel's way too much when the front end is hanging off the road.
4th20051.jpg

4th20053.jpg

cman said:
The engine threw a rod when it filled up with water.
Hydro-locking: the bane of those of us who fail water crossing 101 :( Of course I've never had to drain a dirt bike (or two) in the middle of nowhere. And I certainly don't have any first hand knowledge of just how much water a 2-stroke's expansion chamber can hold :roll:

A friend of mine has a UniMog 404 and it really is something else :D. Only four wheels though. I'd love to try one of those eight wheeled numbers.

-Mp

Multipass said:
I've never had to drain a dirt bike (or two) in the middle of nowhere. And I certainly don't have any first hand knowledge of just how much water a 2-stroke's expansion chamber can hold :roll:

It happened so fast, we didnt see the water hole as we came around the corner and through the bushes.

I used to work at a marina and many times dealt with water soaked jetskis. What a gieser they make when drying them out.

The Unimogs would be sweet. Anything with a diesel does fair well offroad with the extra torque.

Latest posts

Back