Trussworthy-6/5 Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well against my better judgement I decided I needed to get in on this one.I have so much going on that I doubt I will finish,but I figure I wont know unless I try. I have been wanting to build this since I picked up this early 30's Austrian ladies bike about 10 years ago.The ladies bike with be a parts donor for the men's Schwinn.Will hopefully get some progress made later this week and into the weekend.
-Kreep-

001-9.jpg

Re: Trussworthy

yea buddy with the stock pile you have this will turn out to be one bad motha shut yo mouff!!! you have my attention Kreep... build on bro! 8)

Welcome to BO7
Plenty of time left
Looking forward to what's next!!!!

Glad you joined in with such a cool bike. I just started tinkering with bikes and I have to say I'm already hooked. I don't even know what I'm doing most of the time, but it's a ton of fun. Hope your build brings you the enjoyment that I've had so far! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :D

...and that's a cool light!

this should be interesting. I hope you find the time to finish.

I am in a similar boat; not sure if I'll finish, so I feel ya.

Well I was able to get the shop squared away for the week.Prepped the frame for surgery. Removed all the cable guides and smoothed the factory Schwinn tubing joints.Getting ready to do a little more work and will post some progress photos in a little bit.
-Kreep-
001-10.jpg

That frame looks huge! What's the length on the seat tube center to center? I'm going to watch this one closely, as I'm toying with the idea of using a MTN frame to make a larger cruiser for myself. I can't wait to see your plan and build!

Good luck!

It's a 25 inch frame,with makes it roughly a 63.5 cm frame.I'm 6'4 so I like the tall bikes.The plan for this one is to either make it look like a not so fresh barn find of an early 1900's bike. Or do the whole paint and spit-shine to make it look like a restored find.
-Kreep-

Well the storms are on the way.Had to stop working on the bike so that I could batten down the hatches. I did however manage to get the frame welded.
006-6.jpg

Took some tubes from a few scrap pile frames and made it into a truss frame.I know that nobody was going to guess that based on the name right....I will smooth everything down to match the original Schwinn.That's it for the frame mods,now I have to get going on the fork.
Was thinking about using the crank off of this CCM(not the sprocket).
002-9.jpg

And the search through the shop for some more goodies continues.Hopefully more updates tomorrow since it will be raining all weekend.
-Kreep-

Well Im at a standstill. Tropical storm Debby flooded my house with sea water and sewage. Until I get this fixed I might not be updating as frequently.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Well Im at a standstill. Tropical storm Debby flooded my house with sea water and sewage. Until I get this fixed I might not be updating as frequently.
-Kreep-

Sorry to hear about this, take care of life first. Last year when the tree fell through my shop in the hurricane it put a lot of projects on hold.

Man that bites!!!!!!!
Good luck recovering from the mess left behind by that hussy!!!!

dang that sucke kreep hope everything turns out for the better and the mess is cleaned easy and fast... i had half a tree fall in my yard

Thanks everyone.I have been making pretty good strides in the cleanup effort.Just absolutely disgusting.I am making a piece for the forks tomorrow and hope to get something done before Monday shows up again.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Thanks everyone.I have been making pretty good strides in the cleanup effort.Just absolutely disgusting.I am making a piece for the forks tomorrow and hope to get something done before Monday shows up again.
-Kreep-
with that attitude you'll finish sure enough homie... 8)

I know the deadline is fast approaching but I'm not out yet. I got the welds smoothed out to match the factory Schwinn joints. Now I know shes a bit of an exhibitionist...but no snide comments from the fella's out there :lol: ,Getting ready to put her in a new outfit. The plan is to make this bike look like the bikes that came out of the teens and twenties.I want to make it appear as though it was just pulled out of the barn rafters after being forgotten about for decades.The final paint color is going to be black but distressed to fit the theme.
022.jpg

I also smoothed out the fork on the rubber wheel to remove all the forging marks.I hope to have the fork finished up by the weekend and toss some photos up.
I got my wheel set ready to go on.VERY early rebuilt Perry coaster hub set,13 gauge spokes-perfectly aged to match the rest of the build.These are before cleaning and hub overhaul.
015-1.jpg

018.jpg

I have two sets of these wheels and another identical Schwinn frame,I plan to make another copy of this bike but fully painted and detailed to appeared restored.That way I can have a pair.

Oh yea...the only thing I had to spend money on. These things are huge :shock:
023.jpg

More updates soon.Including the fork,seat,chain guard and a teaser for the handle bars :mrgreen:
-Kreep-

That frame work turned out great!!!

kingfish254 said:
That frame work turned out great!!!

Thanks!

I forgot,I saw a post with a link to an artist who made some fish outa some bike parts and random bits. It looked easy enough and god knows I have the extra parts(and a thrift store across from my shop :wink: ),gave it a whirl. I took a break while waiting for the bondo to set up and 30 minutes later had this guy. I think it turned out great,hes about 19 inches.Living where I do,I think I'm gonna make a few and sell em' at one of our local craft fairs.
For now though it's back to "Trussworthy"
-Kreep-

021.jpg

Brilliant!!!!

You can make Shelby Salmon and Hawthorne Halibuts and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back