Two Way Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belt would be a good idea. I got the forks, cranks, and seats where I want them tonight. It's just a game of connect the dots the next couple days.

Spent a lot of time tonight looking at tape measures, plumb bobs, levels, squares, and straight edges. Glad the hard part is finished!

I love how you make it sound as simple as a game of connect the dots. This thing is insane!!

By the way, don't forget to put your pin on the BONINE WORLD MAP
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=984254

I am surprised you didn't call this the PushMePullYou.
push-me-pull-you-Dr-Doolittle.jpg

I've gotten a lot done in the last week or so and haven't posted any of it. So here it goes...

I built two adjustable seat brackets. There's wing nuts on the bottom to loosen the seat and slide forward or back.

I took the gear off an old derailleur and made a bushing in the lathe so it spins nicely on the bolt.

More lathe work for the tensioner. My first design didn't work like I wanted and this one broke under stress... the square tube didn't hold up so I'll make new arms out of solid steel. But the turnbuckle works perfectly to adjust.

And the pic everyone has been waiting for... my buddy and I trying to figure out what's broken :39:

Still need to make brackets for brakes and work out the bugs, but otherwise I'm getting close to painting it.

Sweet! Those seat brackets look like Elgin Twin Bar brackets

Don't have a picture but during the few test rides I've taken, the bike rode great on and off road. I got the chain working properly (and not fall off). The fork was the weak link this time... that's what test rides are for... so I've worked the last few days to make them stronger. Handlebars are in process, and brakes need to be mounted. It's getting close!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back