TypTohe's build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More shots of the fork.
The last shot is how much i had to grind (not much really but fits perfectly).
20140708_130204.jpg

20140708_130224.jpg

Need to line up where im gonna drill the holes for the fork/wheel plate and then get bolts.
20140708_140746.jpg

20140708_140754.jpg

Also got around to drilling a hole for the LED headlight mod. Need to borrow or buy a soldering iron to finish the wiring. But not done, still need to get the rear light and do the LED mod on that as well. Trying to combine the electrical to one on/off switch while the other LED in the tail works as a momentary on/off during daytime rides.
20140708_140802.jpg

20140708_140813.jpg

20140708_140811.jpg

:)

Need to save up for the OCC hub adapter. Contacted PC... guy was pissed at PB's (Peddle Bike) design copy... all and all though. PR (Pirate Cycles is no longer making the hub adapter :( ). So i added the many patches the 20x4 1/4 inner already had.
20140708_140624.jpg

20140708_140638.jpg

20140708_140647.jpg

Got some work done on the headlight. Soldered the wiring, but lost one of the LED bulbs along the way. Might get another one since they are only a dollar lol. Imo, came out better than I thought it would.
1695dmp.jpg

2cz3upc.jpg

xd5g01.jpg

It's pretty bright and I know for a fact someone will be able to see this coming at them. As for that trim ring that was in the flash light originally, I'm not really sure what happened to it, but when I opened up the housing to get to the LED's, it warped somehow. It has been VERY sunny lately and where I am located, the sun beats down FURIOUSLY on what ever I put out on the porch. Still the light works very effectively with out the trim ring.

357otxd.jpg

ele9av.jpg

as of now, the headlight it ready to be wired up to an on/off switch which I am also wiring to the tail light (I'm taking the dual light headlight, LED mod with one of the LED's as a constant "on" when I trigger the headlight and a toggle "off/on" - with it naturally "off" and "on" when triggered wired to the brake lever), but trying to find... figure out a way to put in an on/off switch.

Not much done. Doing a lot of cleaning in storage lately.

Got the brackets for the front drilled. Need to get a longer axle stud due to clearance issues. Also put in a JD bottle as another gas tank/extension. Going to hide the boost bottle under the seat ... hoping it will work.

JD Bottle
u0k8x.jpg

Front spring wheel/fork brackets
124zd4l.jpg

Clearance issue - if the sprocket is close to the top of the nut, FOR SURE there is going to be issues with getting the front disc brake in.
2v85vo6.jpg

Drilled out thr cap and test fitted the fuel hose. Have to find the fittings for the hose but its coming along. As for the JD bottle, it fits VERY nicely. Im a little worried about the vibrations in general. Still contemplating on what to use for a solution.

213p3ra.jpg

cool work so far am looking forward to seeing the front springer!!

Troy

Latest posts

Back