U Haul it!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
his & hers Uhaul 3 speed bikes upon further inspection I think the womens is a modified mens
PC130005.jpg

PC130002.jpg

PC130003.jpg

PC130004.jpg

PC130006.jpg

PC130007.jpg

PC130008.jpg

PC130010.jpg

PC130011.jpg

Hooch said:
his & hers Uhaul 3 speed bikes upon further inspection I think the womens is a modified mens

Good eye. The not-quite-matching top tube and hacked seat stays are a giveaway. Cool find!

these two bikes are on my front porch viewable from my desk chair and I have come to the conclusion that this orange color combined with gold and brown parts, gumwall tires and foam padded handlebars are infact the ugliest bikes ever built!

Hooch said:
these two bikes are on my front porch viewable from my desk chair and I have come to the conclusion that this orange color combined with gold and brown parts, gumwall tires and foam padded handlebars are infact the ugliest bikes ever built!
So im the only one that likes them?

more reason to give them to me!

10-Year bump! I sent a PM to Hooch a month ago so assume he is no longer active...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this thread and photos on the UHAUL bikes 10 years ago. Long story short, in September 2017 I bought a cheap orange frame & fork to build a custom cruiser, but when I got it home I discovered it was something special, all because of your posting 10 years ago. Your info and images above was the ONLY reference I had for these U-Hauls bike on the entire internet.

That inspired me to restore the bike using your photos as a reference. It took me 6 months to accumulate all the parts and build it. I tried to keep it as stock as possible, about 90% of it, but with a few minor tweaks to my liking (top tube shifter instead of thumb shifter, silver pedals instead of gold, etc). Here is a link to the build thread... https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=747617

It was sitting finished since April waiting for the perfect day. The first weekend of July I took it out for the first time for its maiden voyage, a 10 mile round trip and it performed beautifully. Thought something would need tweaked on the journey but had zero issues, couldn't believe how quiet it rode considering the components. Thanks again Hooch, never could have done it without you!

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back