Unbelievable... (Day) Dreams do Come True!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So we all have our "honey holes" where we maybe found a bike or two, a place where we go back to every once in a while because we found something special there in the past. Mine happens to be a resale shop not too far from where I work. It started years ago when I went in and pulled a Schwinn Predator EX out of the store for $9.00. Since then, I've pulled an old Diamondback Viper and an old Haro for less than $20.00 a pop. Over the years I've day dreamed about walking in and pulling out the bike I wished for every year at Christmas but was too expensive for the parents to afford. But the shop is always overflowing with Next, Magna, Huffy and lots of pink little girls bikes. So I drove to the shop one last time yesterday, day dreaming once again about that bike I always wanted. I walked in the shop, stepped to the back where the bikes are kept just like I have a hundred times and bam! This is what was hanging from the bike rack:

As I tooled around on my trusty Pro Thunder, the neighborhood rich kids were kicking it on their Haros, GT's and Diamondbacks. But man did I want a Hutch! So whomever had this one for whatever reason spray painted the entire bike black, right over the decals. (I scraped the paint from the exposed decals.) From what I can tell, it still has all of it's original parts save for the seat, grips and tires. I am not a Hutch expert by any stretch but believe it's an 84 Taiwanese manufactured Pro Raider. That's based off my internet research. If anybody else on the boards can educate me further on it, I would really appreciate it!

The seat appears to be a generic replacement and the grips are foam rubber beach cruiser grips. The tires may be original but I'm not certain. I Didn't realize the Pro Raiders earned that kinda coin. For me, the value is in finding the bike I wanted as a kid and lucking into it the way I did. This one is staying in the garage right next to my old Pro Thunder. The bike I wanted and the bike I had. Perfect combination in my mind.

Latest posts

Back