UnFair Lady

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
I think I know where this is going... ;)
Yep, I've had this idea on the shelf for almost two years now. Nothing like a build off to get the momentum going. A new tank is the sole reason for doing this. The rest of the bike will probably not change very much except for the fork and seat. I wish it had came with a blue seat, just don't think the flower pattern is going to make the cut!
Your going to play that game again ? First one to start , last to finish and then take first ?
I sure hope not! Well the last part would be nice but certainly not the last to finish part!
I think she's a Fairlady!
Not for long. :21:

Reactions: RustyGold
Sep 13, 2006
southern PA
Yep, I've had this idea on the shelf for almost two years now. Nothing like a build off to get the momentum going. A new tank is the sole reason for doing this. The rest of the bike will probably not change very much except for the fork and seat. I wish it had came with a blue seat, just don't think the flower pattern is going to make the cut!
Holy frijole, a 20" convertible tank. This is HUGE. Imagine all the pristine girls' bikes out there that can be saved instead of cannibalized for roached-out boys' frames...

Jun 11, 2012
Visalia, CA
Hadn't considered a shift console. :39:
Because you're not a muscle bike guy... yet! :D

Here's a thought: You've got the other tanks. What if I wanted to build a 24" or 26" bike with a shift console from a girl's frame? Could you design some sort of removable... or at least cutable... panel, where you could drop a TRM Console (patent pending) into the TRM tank?

Just thinking out loud.

The Renaissance Man

Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
Because you're not a muscle bike guy... yet! :D

Here's a thought: You've got the other tanks. What if I wanted to build a 24" or 26" bike with a shift console from a girl's frame? Could you design some sort of removable... or at least cutable... panel, where you could drop a TRM Console (patent pending) into the TRM tank?

Just thinking out loud.
That's a good idea.
I created a shifter for Quoise last year but it was too complicated to reproduce for public consumption. The internals would be the hard part. I would need to either make a simple shift mechanism or find an existing generic shifter that I could modify easily.

Reactions: CRASH

The Renaissance Man

Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
I'm open to suggestions on a cheap shifter @CRASH .:happy:

The rough cut tank halves are finally started. As usual I'm using HDU to make the plug.

IMG_1507.JPG

The first thing to do is make it fit over the frame. There's much more left to carve but this is a good start to show me where to cut.
IMG_1509.JPG