UnFair Lady

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
Just came up on this , I showed my wife, she says wow that's a nice bike !
Then I told her it was her old bike .
I think she wants it back ! Lol
Its gonna be cool watching the transformation, after waiting all this time :thumbsup:
Tell her thanks! The tank will be removable so we might can work out getting it back to her when I'm done. :happy:
I'm glad to finnally get this going!

Reactions: A.S.BOLTNUT

The Renaissance Man

Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
Wow , I still have the pic I sent you back in 2017 .

View attachment 107652
That's the one!

I haven't done anything lately on this little project.

I've been side tracked on this SK that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I need to start a seperate build thread for it.
IMG_1475.JPG

And no, it will not get a TRM tank.:D

The Renaissance Man

Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
I finally took a few minutes and stuck a springer fork on the frame to have a look. Of course it has me rethinking the front end of the tank.
The plan from the start has been to make a tank that will not impede the use of a springer fork.
After seeing the fork on the frame it is apparent that the design will need to be amended to make it work. I'm just glad that I figured this out now instead of later.

Fork conflict.jpg

The Renaissance Man

Pro Member
Nov 24, 2012
The Tropics of Alabama
I'm more interested in creating a tank that minimizes the issue before it's ever a problem.

Schwinn addressed this subject many decades ago with the Phantom tank.
Pantom tank and fork.jpg

I'm not sure what you are getting at with the head tube.:39:

May 20, 2009
Isle of Hope, GA
Hey Jim,
Just noticed you mounted a ‘vintage’ springer with an offset yoke (it’s actually flipped in the mock-up). My concern is, the point where a ‘new’ springer would touch the frame is actually further back.
To be sure any ‘Schwinn-style’ fork will work, you’ll have to flip the yoke on the existing fork (that’s the ‘normal’ position). Doing that would have fork even further back on the frame.
Granted, we’re probably talking about ~2ish” of fore-to-aft positioning, but you might want to consider it.

I can’t wait to see the TRM solution to this old issue. Build on bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk