UNIVEGA COBRA BMX VALUE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering picking up an early 90's Univega Cobra BMX, but have no idea of their value or anything about them. Any help would be great.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/univega/
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/univega/12320

Univega was not a manufacturer. It was a trademark of Ben Olken's Lawee distributors in Massachusetts, an importer. They were decent bikes from various sources (Miyata, Akisu and others) mostly in Japan, later/lower end models were from Taiwan. In the late 1990s, the Univega name was sold to Derby, and Univega became a parallel line to Raleigh, with identical models under the two different names. The Univega name was discontinued around 2000 but is now currently being used for roadbikes sold in Europe as the name has a very good reputation.
Univega was first known as Italvegas from 1971 - 1977 or thereabouts.

RatSphinx said:
Univega was not a manufacturer. It was a trademark of Ben Olken's Lawee distributors in Massachusetts, an importer. They were decent bikes from various sources (Miyata, Akisu and others) mostly in Japan, later/lower end models were from Taiwan. In the late 1990s, the Univega name was sold to Derby, and Univega became a parallel line to Raleigh, with identical models under the two different names. The Univega name was discontinued around 2000 but is now currently being used for roadbikes sold in Europe as the name has a very good reputation.
Univega was first known as Italvegas from 1971 - 1977 or thereabouts.

That's so helpful. So approximately a 1993 Cobra BMX. Worth anything? Worth getting?

It's not a Haro or a High Dollar Bike but cool enough. You can always get your $25 back out of it or give it to a needy kid, if you don't like it.

I saw that but didn't see a value. They look cool but I know nothing about them, so I was wondering. What's your opinion? Value? Worth getting? Collectors? Compared to others?

Latest posts

Back