unknown what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any idea about the year and model? My wife says she would like to try her hand at a build this year. oh the rear hub is a new departure model d if that helps and ty for the help!

Troy

oh the only markings on the frame i could find are on rhe BB. the 3rd number is a 3 I checked the head tube rear dropouts and the BB could ithe serial number be on the seat tube like a raleigh?

Bike is a ca. 1949 Westfield built bicycle. I believe that dropout appeared in 48 and stopped in 50-51. The serial # is on the BB and should probably start with an M or R. Not sure why yours doesn't. The rims, if original, appeared in late 49 which help date it, along with chainring, chainguard and rear dropout.

wow thats cool thank you very much! this bike was living in the garden for many years as a piece of decoration that the squash grew on I did not think it was that old!!!! will clean of the the rest of the BB and see if I can find the Serial number.

Troy

Latest posts

Back