(Updated 03-02-21 photos) HUMUHUMU-NUKUNUKU-A-PUAA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
KONA single speed cruiser
Picked this Kona up today. I believe the seat, stem and handlebars are not original. Tires are miss matched, but everything else appears to be original.
I have seen Kona's before and they have always intrigued me.
Any Kona experts out there? Any idea what's original, and what year it was built.
Thanks
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Last edited:
Chromo Humu is an incredible score, and the v brake models are my favorite ones! I'd guess it's a 97, that's about when Kona was using that spiral logo and block lettering. If that is the chromoly P2 fork, it is a very desirable item: people restoring old Konas don't want to bother with vintage suspension, and that fork is THE alternative. Here's a catalog scan from 95
kono_humu_original.jpg

Here's a link to a 97 with a more appropriate Kona stem, note the same color as your p2 fork
https://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/kona/822

The seller also had another Kona, but he was meeting a buyer for it. I said let me know if the deal falls through. I never expected to hear from him.
I later received a text from the seller that the buyer never showed and asked if I wanted the Kona. Didn't take long to say "YES"!
It's a Kona MOKOMOKO
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

The seller also had another Kona, but he was meeting a buyer for it. I said let me know if the deal falls through. I never expected to hear from him.
I later received a text from the seller that the buyer never showed and asked if I wanted the Kona. Didn't take long to say "YES"!
It's a Kona MOKOMOKO
View attachment 146736View attachment 146737View attachment 146738View attachment 146739View attachment 146740View attachment 146741View attachment 146742View attachment 146743
wicked

It's a Kona MOKOMOKO
View attachment 146736View attachment 146737View attachment 146738View attachment 146739View attachment 146740View attachment 146741View attachment 146742View attachment 146743
That is a cool cruiser and the MB is real minty! Great finds.

KONA single speed cruiser
Picked this Kona up today. I believe the seat, stem and handlebars are not original. Tires are miss matched, but everything else appears to be original.
I have seen Kona's before and they have always intrigued me.
Any Kona experts out there? Any idea what's original, and what year it was built.
Thanks
View attachment 146454View attachment 146455View attachment 146456View attachment 146457View attachment 146458View attachment 146459View attachment 146460View attachment 146461View attachment 146462View attachment 146463
Incredible score dude

That's a 1995(Pre-97 Headbagde) maybe a 1994? Kona sometimes caries over framesets if they didn't sell-out the year before. Also Paint jobs were all over the place depending on region and leftover Framesets.

Frame/Fork is the only OEM parts left of that Humu, don't loose that rear hub for nothing! 1994-1996 Humu's came in sizes of 110mm to 120mm wide, very hard to find(Re-Lace to different rim if need be).

That Humu Ti is sick! tried to order one myself, after 1 month of release I was told SOLD-OUT in 18"

Super cool Humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua'a! I do believe yours is a '95 model, which was the first full production year. Your bike looks like the one in the 1995 catalog.

I recently got one of these amazing bikes, too. Mine is a '94 orange model without canti posts. Here's a pic from when I got it, it looks quite a bit different now - lots of upgrades! Also, a neat picture from Kona corporate when they verified my SN. Enjoy!
thumbnail_IMG_3314.jpg

Humus.jpg

Latest posts

Back