Vanhulsteijn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was surfing around yesterday and followed a link and found this!!
vanhulsteijn.jpg

Just had to share it with you guys! :D
More photos on their web page http://www.vanhulsteijn.com

WOW. that would be fun to copy. The ride must be plush on account of the design (Allsop bikes anyone?) and stainless steel tubing.

Comments; why not attach the seat rails right to the beam, There is so little seat height adjustment anyway, assuming they are built to order...

Kickstand looks horrible in contrast to the stem/handlebar/wood grip artistry.

It looks like there'd be some flex in the top tube. Probably rides smooth! More pleasing to the eye than the Allsop bikes though... :)

Walker said:
why not attach the seat rails right to the beam, There is so little seat height adjustment anyway, assuming they are built to order...

Kickstand looks horrible in contrast to the stem/handlebar/wood grip artistry.

Good point! And yeah, that kickstand looks like it was thrown on there last minute.
There are some three-speed versions on their web page, and the shifters they've made look really nice! Cool stuff to be inspired by there! :D

Yes, I almost can't stop looking at it... :D I think it's made entirely of stainless steel! :)

Went to the Dutch Design Week today and was totally amazed by these bikes.

Different versions of one bike:
1_dutchdesign_2010.jpg

2_dutchdesign_2010.jpg

3_dutchdesign_2010.jpg

4_dutchdesign_2010.jpg

Heheh, I love 'Dutch Design'...
;-b

5_dutchdesign_2010.jpg

^ And on the same day I even came across one parked in the street...

Check the specs on their site. Some have cool features like wooden rims; Some are fixed; some have coasterbrakes; some have cantilevers; etc...
http://www.vanhulsteijn.com/

Latest posts

Back