Velo Solex S3300 Rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just picked up a gently used, all inclusive parts Velo Solex S 3300 Model.
I have all of it assembled EXCEPT the Engine and Engine housing., I do have those pieces but without a frequent
by the by posting and some incoming info, I feel Im really gonna run into some ruts trying to buy a 'Translated' Manual
and doing this alone, given A. I've never seen one in person, much less owned one prior to now and B.Its the first thing with gas I have had the chance to really dig into.

Given its such a small engine, I cant imagine after cleaning and seals, that the Assembly would be too hard to show or explain from someone at least semi-experienced in this sort of thing.
I would appreciate any and ALL help available for ideas, lessons, how to's and anything else you fellas can think of to help me get this underway and on the road like the last few bikes I've brought to RRB for consultation and help.

This post will be updated as pictures and posts come in.,

Zombie

Apparently once you have it sorted they are trouble free...
iu

Thats what folks keep tellin' me., once its all cleaned and assembled and running., the issues with them are minimal at best and often just a loose this or a slightly to tight that... Good pic ;)

I have the measurements of the stuff I need and need to mix. I got lucky with an all Original, its still got the measuring/gas tank cap.

Its nearly all complete, the engine itself is between two small boxes and about 20 pieces in total, requiring in that a new Friction Cylinder.

Photos are becoming hard for me to post due to a lack of internet source strong enough to warrant less than a half hour to load each one individually.

I do however have photos and find them easier to upload via Email to those who have a serious interest in aiding this endeavor.
You know me fellas., if I could put it up and write a book about it..I would!

FZ

I've rebuilt a couple mopeds,currently working on a 1980 Indian,but never got into a solex. I'll pm you my email so you can send pics,if I can help I will. Would love to have one of these.

Latest posts

Back