Victus Mortuus (Riding Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Victus Mortuus

Not much to report for my first day off but it is the tedious and boring part of building skeletons that has to get done. Its not real interesting and is time consuming but hopefully in the end the details will stand out. Im trying something new with the teeth by drilling holes were the saw blade will stop. This should save me some saw blades and will give the teeth a deeply receded look. Getting ready for soccer party/bbq on Saturday so Im not sure if I'll get to much done... there will be beer involved.

Well I made some decent progress today despite having our nine month old puppy get loose in the wetlands behind our house and then having to do some fence repair. The knees and one lower leg bone on each side are done and welded up, so the frame is now sturdy, or so I thought. There is a ton of flex going on and I think I know where its coming from... the two tubes going down to the rear wheel. Its causing serious wheel spreading when I push downward on the bike. I have a few ideas to remedy this or in a worst case scenario I might have to rebuild the back end. I dont think it will come to that though.

This is the seat im using and where Im going to put it.

Day 41. In case your not keeping track. Well I feel like Im back on track now and after four days off work I feel confident that Im going to pull this off. So today was spent building a girder system to beef this thing up cause lets face it, if I cant ride it Im not going to build it. I was really worried about the flexing. It seems to have worked, although I still need to tighten up the lower headtube bearing (prob need new stuff) to reduce some play there. I wanted to get the seat on but after eyeballin in all those supports I just didnt have it in me. Also cant wait to get going on the skull so watch for that soon.

Re: Victus Mortuus Girder built 6/10

Every skull I have ever made has always started with the teeth. So heres his new choppers. Its hard to believe how much time went into these. I wanted them to look good because they will be at eye level. I still have some fine tuning to do on them but the hard part is out of the way.

Re: Victus Mortuus (Teefers done)

Nice Grillz man!

That is awesome! Now for your next creation I challenge you to make the leg joints actually articulate! Imagine it...use a unicycle style wheel with pedals but chain drive it and make the legs hinge at the knee, hip, and leg joints and look like it is pedaling. Then make the skull turn and look as you steer. That would be sick! :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Nice Grillz man!
deven_science said:
Nice choppers!
Thanks!
outskirtscustoms said:
That is awesome! Now for your next creation I challenge you to make the leg joints actually articulate! Imagine it...use a unicycle style wheel with pedals but chain drive it and make the legs hinge at the knee, hip, and leg joints and look like it is pedaling. Then make the skull turn and look as you steer. That would be sick! :mrgreen:
Thanks but no thanks. This will prob be the last skeleton related bike I do. Its time to put it to rest. Don't know where Im going from here but I need to do other things or I get bored. I have some dough put away for a ratrod project and Im kinda gettin the itch to add some gas powered machines to my weirdness. You will have to see those on Facebook.

Re: Victus Mortuus (Seat time!)

Happy fathers day to all you daddys out there. I was able to get some seat time in at the welder today before my family bbq this afternoon. Its hard to get started on the skull when you know you only have limited time to work so instead I decided to weld up the seat post. Im very happy with how it came out and I really like this fat seat with beehive springs.

Nice piece of work; I was hoping the legs would pump when you work the pedals.

Chris Crew said:
Nice piece of work; I was hoping the legs would pump when you work the pedals.
Thanks, I wish I could've done that too, but with a three month window Ill be lucky to get to have a ride-able bike at the end. Besides I wanted the skeleton to be the frame as much as possible. I hope I can put a cool surprise on the bike, but for now I just want to finish at the deadline.
junknutz1975 said:
This thing is CRAZY :wink:
Lowlife Lucas said:
junknutz1975 said:
This thing is CRAZY :wink:
+1! But it sure is awesome! 8)
Thanks guys!

Tommy Atoms said:
I hope I can put a cool surprise on the bike.

I'm picturing chattering windup teeth and rolling eyeballs. :p :mrgreen:
Love this build!

Lookin cool Tommy A...
But wow!!!! looks like you have big rats out your way :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back