Victus Mortuus (Riding Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Victus Mortuus (Teefers done)

Great job on the piggy toes :wink:
I agree. Sometimes its just too hot to put the welding gloves and helmet on.
Its reaaaal soupy here in Mass. Were in a heat wave right now.

junknutz1975 said:
Great job on the piggy toes :wink:
I agree. Sometimes its just too hot to put the welding gloves and helmet on.
Its reaaaal soupy here in Mass. Were in a heat wave right now.
LukeTheJoker said:
Nice job on those feet!
Well done!

Luke.
Thanks guys! Its really hot here too but its the humidity thats the real killer. Makes it hard to breath. The feet aren't quite done yet. Those are just the ankle and top of the foot bones. Now I have to finish the toes. Trying to make all the little bones of the foot proved to be kinda challenging, but I feel I got them all in there. Its supposed to cool off later this week so I plan to get alot done before the next heat wave.

shaggyevil said:
Looking really good, Tommy! I like the feet too.

Shaggy
Lowlife Lucas said:
Very nicely done on those feet!
Spokeshave said:
Amazing build as always.
Thanks! Nuff with the feet though, I gotta get started on the skull. One of the hardest parts to make by far but one of the funnest because it should start to give him some personality. Every time I make a skull, and Iv'e made a few dozen, I try to make it different than the last but you never know what you'll end up with because it would be impossible to plan it on paper. But so far Im happy with how its coming along and just getting started on it is the hardest part.

Re: Victus Mortuus (Skull started)

Nothing worst than having to weld in heat...So I hear you on that...
I have decide to move my workshop to the hay room as its under a mulberry tree...Much cooler
Forever burning myself with shorts & flip flops on... :lol: NOT 8)
Skulls looks great Tommy also yours dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have a lot of mice and rats aswell,Have a cat for that problem,but have a friend who has a Jack Russel wich I might borrow for some hunting.Small dogs seem to love the game.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Victus Mortuus (Skull started)

It's a Nerd Skull!

Re: Victus Mortuus (Bad Choices)

I needed some motivation this morning so I decided to take my Pennyfakething out. It was a great ride and after you ride bikes of this sort you tend to get a confidence that you can handle it. So ever since I put the seat on, Iv'e been eager to see if my measurements were correct and if the seat was comfortable and also to see if the flex problem is fixed .And even though I know stacking milk crates on top of each other is not a great idea, I threw all caution into the wind and climbed on. The seat position is perfect, its very comfy. The flex problem has been cured and It also appears that my knees should clear the handlebars. So this is all great news for the bike build and now it was time for my dismount. Remember to center your foot on the milk crates, right ? Yeah right. I ended up landing in that one little open spot with my rump landing on that extension cord end. My neck landed on the edge of the blue crate and my legs were tangled up in the rest of the mess. Surprisingly I got up and really the only sore spot was my .... end. I cant believe Ive already fallen off it and it aint even done yet. Sheeesh! Oh yeah my bike stand has a new bend too. See it?

Tommy Atoms said:
I needed some motivation this morning so I decided to take my Pennyfakething out. It was a great ride and after you ride bikes of this sort you tend to get a confidence that you can handle it. So ever since I put the seat on, Iv'e been eager to see if my measurements were correct and if the seat was comfortable and also to see if the flex problem is fixed .And even though I know stacking milk crates on top of each other is not a great idea, I threw all caution into the wind and climbed on. The seat position is perfect, its very comfy. The flex problem has been cured and It also appears that my knees should clear the handlebars. So this is all great news for the bike build and now it was time for my dismount. Remember to center your foot on the milk crates, right ? Yeah right. I ended up landing in that one little open spot with my rump landing on that extension cord end. My neck landed on the edge of the blue crate and my legs were tangled up in the rest of the mess. Surprisingly I got up and really the only sore spot was my beep end. I cant believe Ive already fallen off it and it aint even done yet. Sheeesh! Oh yeah my bike stand has a new bend too. See it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: the things we do, all you can do is lauf,hope you didnt destroy to much...
Bike-1 - Tommy-0

Yep can't trust those milk crates.
Now if you were using a keg it might have held better.
Would be worth a custom mounting block when it's finished. That bikes going to keep getting you attention wherever you go.

Hope there isn't anything hurting after a good nights rest.

Kroozerdave said:
Would be worth a custom mounting block...

Hope there isn't anything hurting after a good nights rest.
Yes all that is yet to come. This was just a test fit for me. Now I can make a step or two for it. As for hurting. Ive got a huge bruise on the side of my foot and as for my bottom side... well lets just say it was easier to stand up today, than sit.

Im glad I was able to salvage part of my weekend and get some work done on this skull. Unfortunately this will have to do for about a week and a half while take care of other things. I have pushed my body very hard for the last six months and I cannot continue until my damage has time to heal. I will come back recharged and ready for a marathon build to the deadline. I will not allow my fire hammer to cool.

Tommy, as many times as you have fallen, you need to come up with a suit you can wear while riding or just setting on your bikes, that has built in airbags...haha By the way, the skull is looking pretty cool!

Shaggy

Still going strong in my books !!! Hope you get your wind back quickly :) I dont know if it was intentional or not but the chest plate kinda looks like a tie in this pic ... like this guy means business :lol:

Tommy Atoms said:
8rrb8-72_zps9edbdc7f.jpg

Latest posts

Back