VINTAGE BICYCLE ADS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gashuffy63 said:
Chicks on Muscle bikes, who would have thought?

stingray.jpg

Two young ladies with their 'cycles'.

Geez, is it any wonder why we all dig bikes so much, the evolution, the cool styling, dang, I'd forgotten how crazy and way out the styles and colors of bikes were in the late 60's and 70's, thanks Sean for posting all your cool adds it's like 100 years of just just cool !! I have to go put eye drops in now, been staring unblinking at these bike adds for 2 hours straight , I think I might have done some cornea damage.
Schwidiot

I would have loved a King Kat when i was growing up... but i was born in 1985. It would still be cool to have though. Hey, has anyone have paper work / ads on Hartford bicycles??? I have a Hartford from somewhere between 1916 - 1933. I'm having a heck of a time tracking down the specific year.

I finally got some time to upload some various catalog material that I have. Most of this posting was scanned from a Walthour and Hood catalog dated 1965.

First up is a Raleigh of America price list dated January 1971. Apologize for the condition.

gal11.jpg

Next is an exploded view of the Torpedo Boy brake. Don't find too many views of these kinds of brakes.

gal12.jpg

Next is the Perry (England) brake.

gal22.jpg

Next is some Troxel saddles.

gal32.jpg

Next is some Persons saddles.

gal42.jpg

Some Mesinger saddles.

gal52.jpg

Some aftermarket chainguards. I see some of these show up on here from time to time.

gal62.jpg

For you Radio Flyer fans.

gal8.jpg

gal9.jpg

Finally, these were made before everything went plastic.

gal10.jpg

I have more that I will try to post here as time permits.
Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back