VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Aug 7, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the link, I started mountain biking in the early 80s and raced from 1984 until the early 90s. It kinda makes me feel a little old when the bikes I thought were state of the art are now "Vintage" :shock:
Like when you are listening to the radio with your kids and the songs from your youth are on the oldies station :D

Reactions: schwinn boy

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I wondered what it would take to buy one of those Stumpjumper remakes.

It's kind of ironic in a sense...buying an old MTB for a really high price with outdated technology.

If I had the dough and the space I'd like to own one. :D

Aug 14, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.blink-art.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i raced xc when i was an early teen.
i had the first specialized rockhopper with front suspension.
came out in 92 i think.

rockhopper fs - stood for future shock. shock was made by rock shox.

great bike. wish i still had it. ended up giving it to a girlfriend in college.
DUMBA**!

hah

i put a crap-ton of miles on that thing.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It's a bummer that they went and put new looking cranks and derailleurs on that Stumpjumper.

I guess if they only made 200 of them they had to go with what is available.

Just think of the aftermarket popularity of a new set of cranks that look just like the vintage TAs or Suginos...the fixed gear crowd would eat them up.

cman

Dec 4, 2006
Boise,ID
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rat Rod said:
It's a bummer that they went and put new looking cranks and derailleurs on that Stumpjumper.

I guess if they only made 200 of them they had to go with what is available.

Just think of the aftermarket popularity of a new set of cranks that look just like the vintage TAs or Suginos...the fixed gear crowd would eat them up.
I agree on all accounts. If you remember Hugo 's been on one of them. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8315&p=86501&hilit=specialized#p85837

Hugo said:
@ cman: we were told that the bikes would be shipped to us 8) but I'll believe when I see it.

Hugo
I wonder if he ended up with it.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You dont like that fine ergonomic designed glutomous porportioner :p yeah it will have to go even though I will admit I have one on my Peugoet its not bad...maybe I shouldn't admit it my buddy at the bike shop says he would be afraid of getting something caught :shock: and the rack, I wouldn't miss it. But the cool shoulder harness is factory gotta stay.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles