VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Jun 13, 2019
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this early 80's 18" Shogun Prairie Breaker II for a song a couple of weeks ago. Araya 26x1.75, Suzie hubs, bear traps, slingshot stem, SR crank. Needs a good cleaning. And some small parts replaced for cosmetic reasons. And a layback seatpost. Destined to become a single speed. Wish it was blue.
20190616_202155.jpg

Front wheel is temporarily borrowed off of my parts donor bike. A looks to be barely ridden 21" 86 Schwinn Sierra, with same rims but Joytech high flange hubs, that'll probably be stripped to the frame within a couple of weeks as it just doesn't fit me. Except for some closet dings and dry rotted original tires, it looks brand new.

Also just got a very similar 17" Raleigh M-40 for a shop bike. It's a little newer with combined indexed thumb shifter and brake levers, Vuelta Strong Rims and Shimano Hubs.
It'll probably get new deraileurs and maybe cassette from the Schwinn. And possibly a direct drive weedeater motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: RustyGold
Feb 9, 2019
Colorado
theccrider.blogspot.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1994 Trek 850 on a trip to Brevard, NC that same year. After moving to CO in 1995, it gained a Rock Shox Mag 21. I broke it on the drive side chain stay near the dropout, Trek was kind enough to repair it under warranty and powdercoat it red. My youngest sibling now has it and rides it around his town.
blackmtn.jpg

Reactions: RustyGold
Feb 9, 2019
Colorado
theccrider.blogspot.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still the biggest game-changer bicycle I've ever ridden, Y2K Edge Cycles Peach singlespeed, fabbed at Black Sheep in Fort Collins, CO. The Edge XL hardtail frames were designed to fit me and I still have a copy of the original blueprint that some Peachy dude named Chet gave me. No corners were cut on the build. The frame died after giving up years of regular use and even being my primary ride for one whole Summer/Fall of 5-6 days a week of riding Colorado's finest trails.
lbponytail.jpg

Last edited:
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles