VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 1994 Univega Alpina 606-s, which I got in exchange for a modern Diamondback Response (...which I found at a thrift shop for $50 8) )

I dig the bent chainstays...

univega_606-02.jpg

And after a few tweaks:

univega_606-04.jpg

Really sweet!

summer fun 1986 style!

up the road from silverjack reservoir (near montrose black sheep :) ) a long time ago......shogun 'prairie breaker', original stumpjumper, schwinn 'high sierra'.....

cimmaronpuddle.jpg

My first new bike was a schwinn new city, my friend who owns the LBS said they were junk, i wish i still had it, i can't find anything on the interwebs, not even a photo :(

I've had two schwinn new city bikes this past year, I may be wrong on this but i think the ladies said "neu city" maybe that could help? I've got pictures of one somewhere

Got this Specialized Stumpjumper from my neighbor. I just cleaned it up, put a new tires, new chain, and swapped the seat and have been riding it ever since. It has a crazy elliptical chainring.

I am trying to find out what year this bike was made as well.

035.jpg

The muted neon lettering colors scream late 80ish, and that puts it well within the Shimano biopace chainring years and before the Specialized logo change(90 or 91 I think). The shifters and other components could probably be used to nail it down better maybe just google them.

socal_jack said:
The muted neon lettering colors scream late 80ish, and that puts it well within the Shimano biopace chainring years and before the Specialized logo change(90 or 91 I think). The shifters and other components could probably be used to nail it down better maybe just google them.

Researched the bike and found out its a 1989 model. Thanks for the help.

schwinnmesa said:
My '89 Schwinn. I gave it a thorough wash today and put it on Craigslist. :D

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bik/1076369744.html

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

Nice! Yours is a little more purdy than mine. When I picked mine up at a fleamarket,it was setup as a hybrid-type city bike,so that's what I thought they were. I still have all the origonal (well,origonally attatched when I bought it),except the front cantilever brake. I put a set of Bontrager 1.95's on it,singled it out and rode it as a nostalgic SS'er a few years ago,but for whatever reason,here's how it sits now. One day... :wink:

SchwinnMesarunner.jpg

1992 Kona Cinder Cone we bought this morning at a bike swap meet. Looks to be mostly original and not ridden that hard. Just needs to be cleaned up and derailleurs adjusted. My GF wanted something to take on the trails around here.

1992KonaCinderCone.jpg

HutchXL24 said:
alpinasport.jpg

Someone tell that guy to put his leg down. :shock: YUK :lol:

sorry to revive such a disturbing image, but that is hilarious. I think that guy must be Justin Long's father. "I'm an Apple Macintosh"

mac-vs-pc.jpg

On another note, does anybody have a vintage mountain bike that they would like to trade for my 1986 Diamond Back Viper?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16410&p=165841#p165841

GTCOMA said:
HutchXL24 said:
alpinasport.jpg

Someone tell that guy to put his leg down. :shock: YUK :lol:

sorry to revive such a disturbing image, but that is hilarious. I think that guy must be Justin Long's father. "I'm an Apple Macintosh"

mac-vs-pc.jpg

On another note, does anybody have a vintage mountain bike that they would like to trade for my 1986 Diamond Back Viper?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16410&p=165841#p165841
I have a Schwinn Mirada thats decent.....its just the shipping thing thats a pain, l.m.k. I will get pics

Here's a recent garage sale find. It's a 1987 (I think?) Kuwahara MTB. The frame and fork are 4130 chro-mo and it was 100% original when I picked it up. Of course it's not stock anymore :mrgreen: New tires, fenders, rear rack, v-brakes, North Road style touring bars and voila!:

kuwaharamtb.png

kuwaharamtb2.png

It's not a light bike, but it rides nice n' smooth and is very comfortable.

-Mp

my 1989 Specialized Rockhopper.
single speed conversion.
dart/smoke tires.
brooks professional
converted to v-brakes
love it. about to go riding.
36/20 ratio
3895976401_a26106243a_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back