Vinyl Schwinn (VIDEO UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This year I plan to a 1955 Schwinn and make it a portable record player. I am going to build a tank for the bike that folds down into a record player. I plan to make the tank out of old license plates that I have collected.
I was inspired to create this bike because of my love for listing to old music on vinyl and my love of bicycles.

1955 Schwinn

Record Player

Hope ya'll like the build

Cool idea man , come on baby let the good times roll ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iu

Don't forget the amp. :)

Interesting, if this works I want one but would need a trailer or side car to haul all my albums. Looking forward to the finished product.

Missed this one in the mix.
This is going to be so unique!!!

Sorry I haven't updated the thread in awhile. I have been busy with the end of school and studying for my finals.

So, so far I have only made a little progress, I put a torpedo light on the front fender and mounted a rack on the rear that has a 1959 Coca cola crate mounted on it.

I bought a speaker from savers for 99 cents. I took it apart and used some old junk paint to make it look old and mounted it in the rear part of the Coca cola crate.

Pump up the jams!

Sorry I haven't updated the thread in awhile. I have been busy with the end of school and studying for my finals.

So, so far I have only made a little progress, I put a torpedo light on the front fender and mounted a rack on the rear that has a 1959 Coca cola crate mounted on it.

I bought a speaker from savers for 99 cents. I took it apart and used some old junk paint to make it look old and mounted it in the rear part of the Coca cola crate.

Sweating to the golden oldies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO, originally I going to put the record player in the little triangle but, found out there is just no enough room. This is what I came up with. I went to home depot and some bottom mount drawer sliders.

Mounted them to the of the rack
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/cbleeker16/media/IMG_0359_zps4hzmdw9u.jpg.html[/Bhttp://s1375.photobucket.com/user/cbleeker16/media/IMG_0359_zps4hzmdw9u.jpg.html[/B

I welded them on, and painted then will hammered grey spray paint.

Mounted it back to the bike and made a little pull out drawer for the Crosley portable record player I have for it.

I hung a couple musette bags from the forties from the rack with key chain rings, so I have some where to put the record player when it is not being used.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the record player and a video of it playing yet. If there is a song you would like me to take a video of it playing feel free to comment it.

So here is what I have got done so far, I cut out a piece of metal with the plasma to fill in the front triangle. That way it balances the amount of stuff in the back and the front.

I mounted it with balling wire for now and put nose art on it.

Here are the pin-up's I used if you can't see them in the pictures.

Here are some pictures of the portable record player I am using.

I will post videos of it playing records soon....

Now I understand how you could get away with the small pull out rack. That is cool!!!

Latest posts

Back