Virginia Beach Bike Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im trying to start up a group of fellow rat bike lovers in Virginia Beach and the other 7 cities areas. Anyone else interested in meeting up for some nice ocean front rides and some building and such?

heck yes....not a RatRod builder but, I think we have enough here Tidewater that are.
I have spoken to the owner of CHICHO's on 29th and Pacific, Matt and he said we could use his restaurant for a gathering place. A sponsor of sorts.
I have been thinking about this for a while and think even if it just a group of guys a gals that love showing off their antique, vintage or ratrod builds bikes. Do things like the Va. Beach Parades, today would have a been a great start at the Neptune Festival.
Just a thought.

Matt seemed to enjoy the Altered Suspension show and hopes they will do it again. We could even do that. Swapmeets just aren't in our backyard. It's time we show our colors....whatever they might be.

Name....How about "Virginia Vintage Riders" or Tidewater Treaders"....just saying It's a great idea. I'm all in for it.

Thanks for the response man, I know the altered suspension guys and i used to work at a bike shop in Virginia beach so there is a chance you have met or seen me lol. Shoot me a pm and we can work on some ideas and start getting some stuff together

OK Tidewater members....where are you....anyone else interested in this club idea?

This sunday coming up me and my girl might go out to the beach for a nice ride if im off work if you are free and wanna join up you can.

It looks like I might be heading to the swapmeet in Trexlertown Pa this week, if I can ever get my truck back from the transmission shop. So I would be out for this weekend.
But there are a few members you can contact that might be interested in a ride this weekend.
Pudge, kim_dude, kensmurray, Mungthetard, wspeid and beady .....to mention a few

Please post some pics of the ride if it does happen. Not many nice riding days left this year so lets see all that want to represent the Hamptonroads area.

Missed this post but I'd be up for some sort of club. I live at the beach so I'm always up for a ride if I don't have some sort of sport going on that day.

Hampton Roads and Richmond members...lets get together and talk about doing some parade rides or something. Not a whole lot of comfort riding in the christmas parade but, we can do something as a group. Shame summer is over at the beachfront. Maybe an upcoming Classic Car show somewhere near.
I did get permission to have a meeting place at the Va. Beach resturant Chicho's Pizza. Kim you're there all the time. Get us some free pizza and beer....lol

I'm in Richmond, but I'll make the drive to cruise with you guys! I would love to have a group ride at the Neptune festival, how about it?

I'd hate to see this club idea peter out.
Not the season to ride at the moment but, we all can still arrange a meet and discuss the idea of a group.
It's all about bikes whether it be vintage, ratrod, or just a rusty classic.
There are lots of car shows held in the surrounding areas and not to forget the parades. setting up displays at these venues would be cool.
I think it would be cool to form a group of showoffs for the area.
Swap ideas on builds, swapping parts, or just creating a network that would benefit us Tidewater seekers for that hard to find part.
Boardwalk rides are common here, so lets show off our passion for the hobby.

Anyone seriously interested in this idea please send me an email
[email protected]

Here is a few pics from the beachfront

1st the Altered Suspension swap that took place last spring, held at Chicos on Pacific Ave....it was a great turnout.
attachment.php

A few of what could be seen on the boardwalk, just a shot of the swapmeet
attachment.php

And some of the lowriders group that held the 1st annual swapmeet at the boardwalk. Lots of bling!!
attachment.php

And the wife and I doing a couple of evening rides on the boardwalk and hitting the various free concerts held during the summer at the beach.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then there is the 4th of July gathering at the beachfront with the whole family...and just a few of the rides they get to choose from....a great time and each of the family have a favorite of my collection to ride each year.
attachment.php

And just a few of what we. the family, show off
attachment.php

Last edited:
Well we probably took the last ride for the year toady at the beachfront. 70degrees and the 1st day of winter. Unpredictable weather here on the shores of Va.

Thanks for inviting my wife and I, Loop and Maria.
Loop on his Murray and Maria on her all original Strato Flite.
My 37Excelsior rode amazingly smooth, and actually the first time I have taken it for a ride. Never services....Schwinns are just daggum nice rides.

The wife did the inaugural ride on the repainted Columbia. She was as happy as a kid on Xmas morning.

vajyzetu.jpg

hu2y2uta.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
So is anyone interested in starting a bike ride club or chapter here in Va. BEACH?

There has been some soft interest....anybody?
Call me and I'll call everyone I know here is the area.
757-613-2334

Bike show at Chicho's on Pacific Ave 5/3 is coming up and a good place to get everyone interested, to meet and maybe sign up. And there might be a bike boardwalk ride after the show.

There is no name for the club as there is no club yet so bring you thoughts of a name we call ourselves.
Like....Rolling Relics or Patina'd Pedalers, Rustic Riders, EastCoast Coasters...heck I'm up for some suggestions.
But a name does no good if we have no interest.

Last edited:
For those that I havent talked to yet, im organizing a bike crawl, AKA Tour de Shore, this Sunday. Meet at Neptune Park (31st St at the beach) at 1. We'll head up to the north end of the boardwalk, cruise the strip south and hit up some spots for adult lemonades on our way back north.

Nearly a dozen showed up. A little hungover this morning but do remember the ride.

my6e2ebu.jpg

usy2edet.jpg

ze7y4epu.jpg

va5epeju.jpg

Latest posts

Back