Man, how crazy was this category? There have to be at least ten bikes in here that would spin my head around if I saw them ride by (I'd only stare and drool at the rest) ...and they were "enh, just another bike" in the company they're keeping here. Amazing.
I figured Big Jim was probably going to walk away with it so I went with 3 that I would love to ride: Angel O' Death, Gumby Rumpus and Lemon Lime Stardust Fascination, the paint on that one just blew me away. Victus Mortus, Lady Jivaro and Silver Moon velo were high on my list of awesome fabrication skills.
I am really glad I pulled Dark Horse 2 out of the mix, just not wild enough to hang out in this crowd. Wish I had 26 votes, All are way cool in their own way and there is not a single one I didn't like. Voting was tough, I had to go to the old-school point system to decide my votes giving 1-10 points in each of 5 categories:
1. Fit and finish: quality of paint work, how all the parts fit together, craftsmanship, the little devils in the details
2. Originality: Did they do something I have never seen before and how well did they pulled it off
3. Overall flow: How the bike looks together, does anything look odd or out of place, do the parts work together
4. Form and function: Does it look comfortable, practical enough to be a daily ride, stuff to snag yourself on
5. How likely I would be to ride it every day: pretty self explanatory...This was the tie breaker between like 5 bikes