VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BillyOlds said:
on my browser it said the polls ended at 8:30pm today

correct me if im wrong but theres a 20bike tie for last, all with 7 votes, thats awesome, its not really last when u have 19 people tied with you! and with this competition, being in the finished catagory is wicked cool! congrats to everyone!

As a proud part of the 30% that tied with 7 votes, I want to commend the other 19 builders for beating out the 67 bikes that did not make it in by the deadline. Congradulations on your fantastic builds.

Thanks, Steve. Without you we would not be pushing the bounderies of bicycle building.

somehow, in the last few minutes, the top two bikes got enough votes to push me out of my happy position of having 2% back into only having 1%! thanks alot guys! :roll:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm....... too late to cast a vote...funny thing; I wonder what the statistical odds are of a 19 way tie for last place, where all the last place bikes have 7 votes?? I'd say its a safe bet some creative admining took place! LMFAO!!

going into this years buildoff i had 2 goals. one was to try to crack the top 10,my fall back goal was to at least double the 13 votes i got last year! and i was truly stoked to get those 13 votes! so to manage a 3rd place showing has been overwhelming to say the least! congrats to bighit and fenderhole,im sure this has been the longest week of their life....and in slow motion! and a huge shout out to jeff[simpleman],for slapping us in the face with a real rat bike and knocking some sense back into us. your bike was the real deal! and thank you steve for being a principal to 5000 unruly kids!

So.... whats the next build?

udallcustombikes said:
BillyOlds said:
on my browser it said the polls ended at 8:30pm today

correct me if im wrong but theres a 20bike tie for last, all with 7 votes, thats awesome, its not really last when u have 19 people tied with you! and with this competition, being in the finished catagory is wicked cool! congrats to everyone!

As a proud part of the 30% that tied with 7 votes, I want to commend the other 19 builders for beating out the 67 bikes that did not make it in by the deadline. Congradulations on your fantastic builds.

Thanks, Steve. Without you we would not be pushing the bounderies of bicycle building.
:mrgreen:

I wanted to take the time to congratulate our winners. Fantastic builds guys, you must be so very proud.

And to the rest of you guys and gals, congrates on a job well done. This was my first buildoff, and i'm very honored to be a part of it you. Saw some incredable bikes, and you have all inspired me.

Thx again guys, and congrates to our winners!
Don't get much more fun than this.
I do have a booby prize for last place, but it looks like i'm gonna have to arrange a bit of a showdown.

:)

garagegoon said:
So.... whats the next build?
thats what im talking about! this last one was my first build off and i didnt make to the finish for reasons out of my control but now that ive witnessed all these great bikes it has raised my thoughts and ambitions on more than just the bikes i build, but mainly the the bikes i want to build!

37fleetwood said:
somehow, in the last few minutes, the top two bikes got enough votes to push me out of my happy position of having 2% back into only having 1%! thanks alot guys! :roll:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
so it wasn't the last minute push, it was the last minute fight for the seven vote runoff. :shock:
I apologise to you top guys, it's you 7 voters that I'm peeved with now! :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all those that voted for Elgin Old Army.

I enjoyed doing this build off.It'll be harder next year(Scotts already in the lab I hear)
I also liked reading the post and why you voted as you did.
So will be lookin forward to next year.And all the great bikes created here.----frameteam2003

next year I'm building a girls middleweight! hats off to hotrodjen, kicked my rear fair and square! :mrgreen:

a huge congrads to the winners it takes a lot to get to the top of this stacked feild of bikes and you do deserve it. this was the first year where the bikes i voted for were nowhere near the top but thats cool i like what i like lol wait till next year. i needed to take a year off from the build off to rest up and get my own life in somewhat order. and to those who were further down in the order dont let it eat you up it has done just that to me in the past and if anything is proof that it is not a bad thing the next year i came back with the galt town hooligan. i have always felt that the main goal of this site is not only to provide a place for us bike nuts to show off our bikes, swap stuff, even cry on each other's shoulders every once and awhile. it has always been about progression for me personally pushing the edge of the hobby and trying to push that edge of being different with out falling over that edge. well done to all i cant wait for next year

Congratulations to all three winners! This build off has been fun :D All the bikes were brilliant! Thankyou so much to the people who voted for ' The Grady Rocket ',
I really appreciate it.I'm already thinking about a build for the next one :mrgreen:

Congratulations to the top three! Congrats to everyone that finished. Thanks to all of you that voted for Cpuff! Some cool bikes in this buildoff! Thanks Steve for providing this site! Thanks!!!
David

bighit said:
This was so back and forth every day I can't believe it. That little engine had me all the way. I just couldn't pull away until today. I can find something in every bike I like and would love to use on my next build. As a matter a fact I have told some of you that I will be doing just that :wink: .

As a noob I am honored to be voted as a ratrodbikes.com build off winner. Rest assured I will cherish the trophy and title and do nothing to disrespect it. As for the bike, it is going nowhere but on tour or where ever Super Villains go at night.

I am 3 bikes deep now so I got to get back to work. SuperVillains don't die they multiply.

Bighit
Thanks to Steve for making this site for us to come together.

As always the RRB did not fail to impress and motivate many... A big congrats to bighit and the others.. I think its really about how much fun you can have... And as a group I bet we have more fun than just about any :mrgreen:

I'm a bit surprised "HOMETOWN HERO" finished where it did. So many awesome bikes. Thanks for the votes!

Latest posts

Back