VOTE HERE! - RRBBO3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for the three bikes you like!

• Godzilla

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • junk heap turned wicked rider

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 999 Racer

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • PAU OPER

• Ratsurrection

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Maldwyn the Flying Merkel

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • The Brass Monkey

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • The Cheapliner

• DESERT RAT ROCKET

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Beatnik

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • RATENSTEIN

• THE *BOBBACHOPS* SPECIAL

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Butterscotch

• Mission Accomplished

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Rust Rat

• Rule Breaker

• Gas Pipe Special

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • KING DADDIO

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • KRUSTY KRITTER

• ZB140ColumbiaDILIGENC

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Salt Flats Sears

• Back Alley Sally

• Mr. Mastodon

• Pinky Racer

• Salt Flyer

• One Day

• SpaceLiner: DevilWing

Votes: 65 27.4%
  • Hillbomber

• The Partridge

• Woodies Pub Kruza

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • The Old Maid

• PAY IT BACK

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • X • 53 - Dirt Machine

• Silver "Kween"

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • The Chief Gets a Little War Paint

• Long Shot

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • The Knee Crusher

• Gold Digger

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • Madd Hammer

Votes: 68 28.7%
  • Stewart's Cycle-Truck

• Alien Death Sled

• Copperhead Road

• TEAR'N ASPHAULT

• BLACK WICKED

• The Juggernaut

• Ratsurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my first boardtracker

• The Purple Pavement Pounder

• Howie

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Green Lantern

• AMF Schwine

• mr. moto

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • The JIGGY HIGGY

• Snake Farm

• Admiral Rat

• The Tuxedo

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • The Chief

• Maximum Overdrive

Votes: 35 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is a lot of cool bikes! Two of the ones I voted for already had a lot of votes, it turns out. But that 999 Racer jumped out at me, it's such a simple and elegant design. I like it.

StephenH said:
That is a lot of cool bikes! Two of the ones I voted for already had a lot of votes, it turns out. But that 999 Racer jumped out at me, it's such a simple and elegant design. I like it.
I liked the 999 racer since I first saw it. great lines and angles in that frame.
Scott 8)

I thought that it was agreed early on that their would be a boardtrack class for this competition? I just figured that got tossed in with the rats and the customs to make the voting easier. I'm to lazy to go back through the threads and look! So many cool bikes and I even cast one of my votes for a non-boardtrack build :)

Thanks to Steve for the build-off gallery! Great job! I probably popped up every bike to get a last look at all the cool builds before voting. I'm happy with the bike I submitted, but I came close to not entering it. The title of the event was the Rat Rod Bike Build Off #3. The bike I used was all original, even the tires & tubes, except for the pedals and the seat, which I recovered. So after I was done, I thought "This wasn't a build, it was a restoration project." So I wasn't going to enter. Then I remembered the reason for the event was to have fun, do what I enjoy, mess with bikes. and I had a good time. Thanks.

Steve,

Thanks for pulling my '52 Schwinn Hornet out of this build off, it would come in dead last if you had kept it in....some people need step back and realize we all do this for the fun of it. The skills and workmanship of all the builds is simply astounding! I only wish I had half of the talent displayed here.

My hat is off to all of you who had the guts to submit a build...but remember the best part is riding your build. Even my simple creations that I ride around here in Suburban Detroit get comments, but if you guys ever rode here, you wouldn't get very far....people would stop you and start to ask questions how you built such a beautiful bike...

Enjoy what you and others have created...I only wish I had a basement as big as Rustinkerer so I could make a list of the frames that I would like to get and start screwing up the paint job... :mrgreen:

Done!
That was brutal....like trying to decide who to vote for, for president. :lol:

PAU OPER got four votes?
Wow!
I'll take it!
Thanks to whoever. :wink:

King Daddio is at 2%, up one whole percentage point from the last build off! Thats a 100% improvement mathematically. :roll: Thanks to anyone who voted for it. :)

WOW I got 3 votes :shock: Thanks guys :!: But I did this for the fun, not to compeat (even though my bike is the fastest :roll: ) so don't sweat the details buds. We always come back to the "What-is-a-rat-rod" debate. I'm going to withhold my opinion, but in the end I'm SUPER great-full that I have this awsome site to hang out and share my stuff with people who have simmilar builds. I live in a small town and I'm the lone rat rod biker here (I think it scares them :lol: ). I built a rat bike before I came here and I was floored to find this site. So enjoy the diversity of the build-off and stay rat rod, however you see it!

Congrats to all the great builds and builders, a real nice crop this year.

The "true rat" debate will always be there and it's probably healthy just to keep things focused. It's part of the reason for my build bike this year and why I didn't bother posting it in the final, just had fun. But I found the whole flipped bars thing so overdone this year that I couldn't bring myself to vote for a bike that had `em.

Dig out another kitten for Archie.
bunkers-1.jpg

:lol: Ha ha! Just kidding man! :lol: I couldn't help myself.
Remember kid's, they're still only bicycles!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

they're just upset because I'm in 21st place! :mrgreen:
Scott 8)

well I'm going to a car show tonight and for a ride in Valencia tomorrow so you guys have fun with this here. I'm going to take my regular rider which has been getting neglected since this whole Godzilla thing started.
P1010738.jpg

And you can't beat a good 3 speed on a rider!!
P1010739.jpg

P1010740.jpg

Scott 8)

Can't believe I got 9 votes! Not bad for an unfinished bike, thanks to all who voted for me. I had fun building it, having even more fun riding it and I can't wait to get the inspiration necessary to finish it. BTW, am I too late for the group hug? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back