BO15 WAHA-SEDB-3 (TRIKE-TOR...2nd Place)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the one closest, didn’t have anything, no offer to order something. So jumped on eBay found a red one ordered it. Problem solved wrong. Service seems to be upside down everywhere you go.
I have this theory that the number of car part stores in a town, or area is indicative of the number of rednecks in the local population.
Within 6 or 7 miles of my house are at least 7 car part stores, plus a Tractor Supply that has some car parts and a Walmart with an extensive car parts department. LOL

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

From the packaging, it looks like it would have been local, if you lived south of the border. And I don't mean Taco Bell. :wondering: :wink1: :bigsmile:

I notice a number of guys on here ordering bike parts on ebay. I've had fairly good luck in the past with using ebay, but here's the thing. Those guys are getting their parts from other vendors, wholesalers of bicycle parts; not unlike a local bike shop would. The problem is, the wholesaler has to ship to the ebay guy, and then he ships to the customer. You can eliminate the 'middle man' by just ordering direct from the bike shop. I have helped a few of you with parts selection via the JBI.bike site. They are wholesalers with 11 warehouse locations from Florida to Washington to Texas to New York and in between. Plus, on this site, the retailer can tell you if it's in stock at the nearest warehouse location and how long it will take to get it; from the nearest site, or from the next nearest.

:soapbox:
Every local bike shop in the country has access to JB , and they have tons of 'older school' parts and a huge variety of tire selections. My advice to many, including all that are complaining about shipping mix ups, wrong colors, tire diameters / treads, and other snafus; give JBI.bike a try. And, buy local from your local bike shops.

Okay, off my soapbox for now. This is not directed at you necessarily, Ed. But to all those who read this, there are alternatives to ebay and foreign sources for our hobby.

Here's the link: https://www.jbi.bike/site/

Yah I don’t think JBI would have the horn button but I could be wrong.
The horn button was purchased from a California vendor but shipped from Arizona. The horn was ordered from the same CA vendor but came shipped from New Jersey. So yes middle man or extra man.
My closest auto parts store is about half mile away. Could have went to another one a couple of miles away, hard to get to and hard to get out of parking lot. Used to have a good Radio Shack close by, but it’s gone. Still have one around 25 miles away.
With the virus around I’m not interested in going to extra places if I can help it, so ebay has been easy in the past. My go to LBS tends to hold orders until they get a certain amount of orders, I suppose to limit shipping costs, so they aren’t always reliable as far as quick turnaround.

Last edited:
40d0b9ed4d158d01e417545e3de0c4a6.jpg

Three holes in hood...damage is done. Horn is pretty permanent now.
5b534580830f06f7b9242bc694942e26.jpg

9c588c59ef82ddc658105b3f995b8b61.jpg

cddeea8d7e066e408a4760613a8203b8.jpg

b1b6cf89fbaf8b9b59c9d1bdcb7ddd2b.jpg

Picked up a $5 box of lights and reflectors.
fe565e707be197bbea53489727be2ff7.jpg

Maybe a couple of running lights...

52d96c19e8b5a92eed5dd3ee27dc594b.jpg

eeb87f21bcb2b00719dfd3f8005f4d59.jpg

2d461dae575b89a780adf159ba91fb21.jpg

85947fef58edfbf436d7bae2fce1df3a.jpg

77ca6bc967230220b1e01229fbfaf689.jpg

Potential running lights...need a couple of LED bulbs.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you were going to do that. Looks good.

Actually been on the lookout for a couple of matching small “teacup size” tractor lights. I’ve yet to find a pair. And the price was right on these...so for now they should do.

I’ve sold some bikes using Facebook Marketplace in the past with good experiences. With swap meets dried up I’ve posted a couple recently. One is a nice newer Schwinn tandem. I’ve had the usual “is it still available” nibbles. If it shows as for sale it’s for sale in my book.

Then last week I had a guy that sounded serious and said he’d message me back on Friday to set up a meeting time. Facebook profile looked OK. No Friday message.

Then I get a message from another flake.
His Facebook profile looked a little iffy and a lot of religious this and that stuff.

b40730128a70839de8d341548e2e68a3.jpg

So I rearrange my schedule and move some stuff around Saturday morning to get the bike out, look it over and ready for the flake buyer to come get it.
I’d had another inquiry that I told someone was coming to pick up the bike.

Just before 10:00am he messages:
02889674fa410705335e088ede61e830.jpg

No further response. I couldn’t tolerate being a salesmen. And I can’t tolerate flake people.
Done with soapbox and too hot to work on bike.
Stabilization of crossmember is next on the to do list.

I've had similar experiences on Marketplace, but in reverse. Several times I've messaged the person selling a bike and never get a response. Once I got as far with a person to set a time and date. Then they said to message them on the appointed day for the address. When I did, they never responded, even after several attempts. Not even a "Buzz off moron!"

I've had similar experiences on Marketplace, but in reverse. Several times I've messaged the person selling a bike and never get a response. Once I got as far with a person to set a time and date. Then they said to message them on the appointed day for the address. When I did, they never responded, even after several attempts. Not even a "Buzz off moron!"

This is the second time I’ve had someone commit to saying they would get a bike only to come up with some walk back excuse. The first one said his mother wouldn’t finance him. From his profile he was a 30-40 something guy.
I have a few chosen expletives for the guy today. I refuse to stoop to his level though. I don’t know maybe his mommy wouldn’t let him have the money either.
Anyway managed to go to our Botanica Cactus and Succulent Show and Sale. Brought home three specimen plants to add to the collection. Good day after all.

Last edited:
I am so darn impressed with this build.

Thanks, glad to hear someone is impressed. I have a water bottle with “ride outside the lines” printed on it. So I’m building outside the lines. That seems to upset some.

So I’m building outside the lines. That seems to upset some.

For as long as I have been on RRB, building outside the lines has always been encouraged and embraced. Can't imagine anyone being upset about it. Keep having fun.

Started on my failsafe addition today. Plan was to add more weight in form of 1-1/4x1-1/4x1/8” angle to top of wooden crossbeam at axle mounts. In order to do it I basically had to disassemble hood and some support structure members. While I had it apart I decided I might as well add some aged hardware on reassembly.
be8680d7b6c22f6601f6e82e75497635.jpg

After some careful measuring I got the angle cut and drilled only to find that measure twice only helps if you keep in mind there is a right and left side. So after two new holes in right location it fit tight as a glove.
c20c6134014c4f1fb6f9150b6cc9a8d9.jpg

2849ea202d65c155bab1b25d3ceb6a1f.jpg

b73a273744b3cc5ae00d9054c3afc689.jpg

276ccfb69daa0c63f6a001be31c698e2.jpg

So while the hardware soaks the skeleton sits free of the hood.
5196bf1ea85f1b3b4b1f99e0f2aa9198.jpg

0ee397909c08ef1f1588919189dd542c.jpg

With the steel angle the wood could still fail but the cross angle should eliminate a complete meltdown.
ac7ce4d075b4b883ecc6afe043043dc7.jpg

18b8193dc95344d2955e2b3ba5d46b34.jpg

Extra holes should lighten things up...lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back