Walmart 32" review

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walmart 32

deven_science said:
Pricy, yeah, but the wheel set was $350, for a 3 speed, and the difference in that few inches is dramatic. I'm not a fan of either frame, they're both ugly, that's why I bought the 36" wheels, I'll build a frame!
Keep us updated on your progress, I would love to see some 32" Kustoms on here.

Re: Walmart 32

Murray-Eliminator said:
deven_science said:
Pricy, yeah, but the wheel set was $350, for a 3 speed, and the difference in that few inches is dramatic. I'm not a fan of either frame, they're both ugly, that's why I bought the 36" wheels, I'll build a frame!
Keep us updated on your progress, I would love to see some 32" Kustoms on here.

I can't believe we haven't seen any 32" customs yet. The frames are ugly but the wheels would look killer on a nicer frame.

Member Bulletproof had a 36er custom "The Overcompensator"

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26386&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Easter2010.jpg

Re: Walmart 32" review

Wondering how this went from 32" Walmart bikes to 36" customs. Nice 36er though.

MazdaFlyer said:
Wondering how this went from 32" Walmart bikes to 36" customs. Nice 36er though.

That might have been me. My original interest in the 32" bike was simply as a cheaper alternative to the Coker Monster 36", which was where my actual interest lay. I mentioned that, and my purchase of said 36" wheel set, which probably started the derail.

Sorry! :)

deven_science said:
MazdaFlyer said:

That might have been me. My original interest in the 32" bike was simply as a cheaper alternative to the Coker Monster 36", which was where my actual interest lay. I mentioned that, and my purchase of said 36" wheel set, which probably started the derail.

Sorry! :)
Hey no problem I like the custom 36er.

i went to walmart for yucks. didnt see any. are they a regularly stocked item or were they only avail for christmastime?
anyone gussy one up yet?

junknutz1975 said:
i went to walmart for yucks. didnt see any. are they a regularly stocked item or were they only avail for christmastime?
anyone gussy one up yet?

I saw two at walmart yesterday. They show up in CL quite often as well.

Been keeping my eye out for these locally, and for the longest time I only ever saw one for $200. Now, within the last month or so, they are showing up more regularly. One store had six on display at $150 on an end cap. And before you ask, I'm absolutely sure it was the 32", not a 29". Got one down and straddled it and it wasn't too bad (I'm 5'8"), I could ride it.

Toeslider said:
Been keeping my eye out for these locally, and for the longest time I only ever saw one for $200. Now, within the last month or so, they are showing up more regularly. One store had six on display at $150 on an end cap. And before you ask, I'm absolutely sure it was the 32", not a 29". Got one down and straddled it and it wasn't too bad (I'm 5'8"), I could ride it.

The 32s have the droopy top tube.

what kindda money are these things goin for? haven't seen any in person yet ( maybe i just have bad timing , who knows )

junknutz1975 said:
what kindda money are these things goin for? haven't seen any in person yet ( maybe i just have bad timing , who knows )

Walmart sells them for $199. I've seen them gently used on CL for $100-150.

detroiter60 said:
They are $150.00 at a couple of Wal Mart stores in the Detroit suburbs

Yep, just saw a fresh set of 9 green 32ers today at the Livonia store for $150.

150 would be a good deal!

Noticed that Walmart raised the prices on the 32" Genesis bikes, depending on color selected.

Latest posts

Back