• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted 26” BMX style forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m pretty open to options, but prefer straight leg, vintage, 1” threaded, 21.1, no brake bosses on the legs, ~6-3/8” + steerer

I'm a fan of the Rev's GBP Red Menace forks. Chromoly, 1" threaded...but 7/8"that stem. 21.1 can be shimmed. $105 on eBay. Also Landing Gear on eBay, usually in the $90-130 area new.

I have a set of old Wald's (I think) with ugly toothpaste welds I'd sell for ~$60 shipped to the continental US.

GBP:
Screenshot_20210102-000024.png

Landing Gear:
Screenshot_20210102-235348.png

My ?Wald? forks:
75345_5fb870c2eb17ac4dd9f2193b90756f32.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah I’ve looked at the GBP forks. Tempting but I’d like to find a used set with a little patina for some prewar schwinns I’m building. Willing to pay for those tange and Schwinn forks someone has tucked away. But there’s so many of those 80’s and 90’s bikes that have cool forks too.. Columba clippers, giants, etc. I will think about those Walds you have.

here’s a 80’s imported schwinn fork that I trimmed the rear tabs off of. They look okay but I dig the fork tubes that sit lower than the dropouts

0FB65C8C-2AA1-4E6B-93D9-DC3FFEC6B68F.jpeg

Can't help with the forks, just dropping in to say that's a sweet ride you have. I just picked up a '38 C model Lasalle that's going to get the bomber treatment. I'm keeping the flat blade truss forks for it and using my GBP forks, takes minutes to swap them out.

Can't help with the forks, just dropping in to say that's a sweet ride you have. I just picked up a '38 C model Lasalle that's going to get the bomber treatment. I'm keeping the flat blade truss forks for it and using my GBP forks, takes minutes to swap them out.

thanks! It’s a smooth rider for sure!
Sounds like you’re off to a great start as well! Here’s one I’m building with a little more BMX feel..
0A5E5C5F-B009-4D33-A24D-E581F5FE250E.jpeg

And here’s my double bar roadster that’s going a little more traditional. Blade fork, morrow hub, etc.
image.jpg

And this B10 is going a little more in the mountain bike category..
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back