wanting to build a fixie?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a freewheel wheel that I want to turn into a fixie. I would like to build a suicide hub. How do I build a suicide hub and is there any other way to convert a freewheel hub? I don't want to buy anything. Can I weld the freewheel hub body to the wheel?

You see I did read that, and like I said before I don't want to have to buy anything. Is there a way that I can take the freehub shell welded it to the wheel and then weld the sprocket to the freewheel hub. Or am I over complicating things?

If you have all steel parts start sparking away.
On the other hand to be safer just step up and do it proper.

I think the parts are about 15 bucks. The Total of $50 was the purchase of the yard sale bike also.

I would love to do it proper, but you see I am broke. I have alot parts and bikes I want to sell localy but no one wants them. Look up huffy 3speed baypoint its on madison.craigslist.org. If you want it send me a reply. But it's sold localy only.

ratcycle said:
I welded the lock ring to the sprocket and the freewheel to the hub. It works, now I need to take it for a spin.
so, did it work or are you not back from the testdrive yet ? :D

It did work but was hard to pedal due to not thinking about gearing ahead of time. I ended up scraping the project. I have built single speeds instead.

My newest rear wheel build:
PepperPotCog_zps1ce62b47.jpg

This wheel has my Pepper Pot hub with stainless steel center and my new stainless steel track cog, Ghisallo wood rim, Wheelsmith spokes, tied and soldered.

c.p.odom said:
My newest rear wheel build:
PepperPotCog_zps1ce62b47.jpg
I see these wheels in my dreams at night and they run threw my mind during the day. Absolute Perfection.

Latest posts

Back