War Boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw mad max and had an urge to tinker. This Mk 1 prototype is mixed with parts from a 26 inch cruiser, 20 inch BMX rims and tires, a set back seat post and foreward mounted grips angled for aerodynamics. Part gravity bike, part cruiser Pure Bad ....

The Mk2 will make way for a six speed jackshaft system and rear disk breaks.

Open to all constructive criticism, and any suggestions for this build.

I will post updates as the build progresses from Mk 1 status.

21f1786fa83e0de91061dd2a7a9e2988.jpg

f060f00faaf727649d4c6a4a6cd5ca8c.jpg

74b05edfb3d01bde7cf6f3731c34d284.jpg

dfa74023219b76d611d8f9a9d5e75615.jpg

97d977e7d85617c2a38ffdfecb0a496b.jpg

@jasper87
This wont be for the faint of heart i can promise that. And i was just amazed at your use of the handles as an exhaust. Maybe in another build off i will emulate your idea!!! Truly smart!!!

@jasper87
This wont be for the faint of heart i can promise that. And i was just amazed at your use of the handles as an exhaust. Maybe in another build off i will emulate your idea!!! Truly smart!!!
Nice:thumbsup: Ive always said safety third anyway. And thanks, it was the best i could do without access to a tube bender.

@Funkme
Thank you! Right now i am really experimenting with its center of gravity which in turn sets back the comfort department for now.
I am contemplating a banana seat and padded knee bars to aid in that general area though. for now the rear pegs and the seat mounted over the rear wheel allow for a lighter impact.... Hopefully

No pedal crank huh? When you do that here (in Illinois), it becomes a motorcycle and needs plates to be street legal, regardless of how small the motor is.

Carl.

No pedal crank huh? When you do that here (in Illinois), it becomes a motorcycle and needs plates to be street legal, regardless of how small the motor is.

Carl.
Darn stupid cc laws, here in Ohio it has to be on a specific moped list to not be a motorcycle. Engine kits need not apply, darn stupid cc laws. I miss the North Carolina laws.

Carl.
That is good to know, i will do my homework for california.... Maybe i can cut the crank in two and weld a U shape from them. incorporating the cranks as the knee braces with some form of latching lock just might pass as a bicycle..... Maybe.

Ok so vented....I love the idea of a mad max bike,and I know the new movie will get ideas cooking. All I can say is build baby build. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

That is good to know, i will do my homework for california.... Maybe i can cut the crank in two and weld a U shape from them. incorporating the cranks as the knee braces with some form of latching lock just might pass as a bicycle..... Maybe.

In CA, if it does not have functioning cranks and pedals, then it is a motorcycle, and must have a title, license, blinkers, lights, etc., etc. We've got a guy here that has several motorized bikes, one without cranks, and he's been pulled over and ticketed.

Just saw mad max and had an urge to tinker. This Mk 1 prototype is mixed with parts from a 26 inch cruiser, 20 inch BMX rims and tires, a set back seat post and foreward mounted grips angled for aerodynamics. Part gravity bike, part cruiser Pure Bad ....

The Mk2 will make way for a six speed jackshaft system and rear disk breaks.

Open to all constructive criticism, and any suggestions for this build.

I will post updates as the build progresses from Mk 1 status.

21f1786fa83e0de91061dd2a7a9e2988.jpg

f060f00faaf727649d4c6a4a6cd5ca8c.jpg

74b05edfb3d01bde7cf6f3731c34d284.jpg

dfa74023219b76d611d8f9a9d5e75615.jpg

97d977e7d85617c2a38ffdfecb0a496b.jpg
Which brand handlebars are those?

- by Gigmata

Ya, I like those handlebars! Gonna try flipping some from one of my junk Wallymart Chwinns and see how they look.:crazy:

Very cool build!

Someone asked earlier about a motorized build being eligible for entry in the build-off and the site owner @Rat Rod said this regarding the "bicycle must be rideable" rule: "the bicycle has to be ridden via pedaling."

The build is still welcome on the site in the motorized section, but as it has no pedals it can't be entered in the contest...

Let me or another moderator know if you would like the thread moved over to "Motorized" and we can do that for you.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back