War Boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the first of August approaching so fast where has the time gone.....
Well at least the jackshaft was manufactured from scrap as well as the old huffy frame going to use, id say it has been a very productive and lets say ive lived to the rat standards of the rat rods build. To date i have invested around twenty dollars into the build and my wife is super happy most of my junk is getting organized in the hangar.
Speaking of which a friend gave me these today because his lady was preaching the same sermon as my wife is......")
bbf7d68f6fbcc35c85d57cdff65a1889.jpg

To be honest i was in a mental struggle to access a geared crank shaft with nothing out of pocket.... But my god is good and provided me with two....

I was also able to choose a paint scheme, keeping with black i chose an orange peel type of texture with rustoleum hammered black. Not only to provide camo for the imperfections on the bike but more of to give it that wrought iron look.

Liking the build. I have a question, though. How are you going to stop the cranks from spinning when the clutch is engaged?
That is the million dollar question haha.... This bike is being built as a downhill racer, kinda like a gravity bike on steroids. I have foot pegs that will be installed on the rear tire hub, allowing the rider to streamline with the bike. To be honest, the pedals are just for BOTEN as it needs to be pedal powered, but after the competition ends the crank arms will be removed and ground to nubs, allowing a tighter turn radius and most of all i can get up the mountain with no effort.

You're not using a left hand drive? Then the right hand side is freewheel. Of course, I know you know this, just commenting from the peanut gallery. Here in Illinois, if you pull the crank off, you have to put MC plates on it (or stay off road, which is your plan I believe...)

Carl.

You're not using a left hand drive? Then the right hand side is freewheel. Of course, I know you know this, just commenting from the peanut gallery. Here in Illinois, if you pull the crank off, you have to put MC plates on it (or stay off road, which is your plan I believe...)

Carl.
Right on bro. Its the same in california. A few of my friends and i use a hill that is paved but has no access for cars and sometimes the highway patrol stops by and gives us our speed. Also riding around the airport is fine here, it turns a lot of heads before the jackshaft was installed.

Carl.

A wrench fell and hit me in the face today guys, i think my jaw is broken. if i dont finish the race i apologize. Im voting for jasper.

Latest posts

Back