was just supposed to be a one night stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had this old factory Huffy in my rose bush for a couple of years..

every time I would have to move it to trim the roses i would notice how well everything moved on it.. so tonight I thought I could build it up in one night.. plan is keep it the way it looks, just give it some runable wheels and a chain.. this is some serious rusty gold

got the original wheels off, was able to back the front nuts off all the way and save the "fender"

got the new wheels on and the seat.. started working on the chain, the last thing, and my chain tool breaks... one connection away from being done... so have to wait till tomorrow now to get a new tool to finish off this one night stand

me too lol

decided to call it Tetanus Shot.. prob stencil it onto the guard someday.. unfortunately have to wait til the weekend before picking up a new chaintool.. drug it out to the sunlight, and even coasted down the hill :lol:

you must have waaaay more patience, and better aim than I... tried my vice, and took apart the tool to get the little spike and hit it with the hammer..
it's now more difficukt fir me to type on my phone because of the swelling :shock:

Illiterite Wino said:
you must have waaaay more patience, and better aim than I... tried my vice, and took apart the tool to get the little spike and hit it with the hammer..
it's now more difficult fir me to type on my phone because of the swelling :shock:

Not really, I just grind off the heads of the link I want to open then jam the screwdriver tip between the chain link plates and hammer it to force it open and it pops right off. Then just get a master link to replace that one link. I don't aim for the pins. The hole in the workbench is just there to hold the chain up and allow the screwdriver to pass through.

well.. I got to thinking about the whole grinder thing and set off to try it out..pretty much did it the way you just posted
MUCH EASIER.. :lol: found a donor chain from an old trike, and added just one link then
so thanks for the heads up

but you win some, you lose some.. added a chain, lost a pedal on the first ride this bike has seen in years... that thing will not come off.. don't care I can still ride it and it adds character

That's awesome man. I've always like a patina'd or full on rusted frame with nice wheels n tires.

Did a tandem for my preacher like that. Ill have to dig up the pictures, this bike you did reminded me of it.

Rust is lighter than carbon fiber!

Latest posts

Back