(WBO 2015) Girlfriends OBX Bike (COMPLETED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's noticeable and I don't like it. So that will get changed.

I took a break from sanding and stripping paint today. The girlfriend wants a box on the bike so I took a trip to Home Depot to gather the materials I need. I may make it taller than what's pictured. I haven't decided yet. She is going to do some wood burning to it and I have a few things to add to it as well to go with the theme of the bike. I'll reveal the theme as the build progresses.
0117151612.jpg

0117151640.jpg

Checking to see how it looks. I really need the seat to get here. I still have to fit her to the bike.
0118150029.jpg

0118150038.jpg

Yeah you might end up notching the box out a bit for the seat...

Carl.

Yeah I thought about that as well. As pictured the box is about 3 inches from the end of the lay back seat post.

Paint on the tank. This is the color she chose. It looks good to me. My only concern with painting the tank is that I did not drill out the rivet. I may have to touch up the paint at the pivot point when I install it to the frame.
0119151000.jpg

Last edited:
Utilizing a technique to remove chrome from plastic carried over from model car and truck building. Once upon a time there was this stuff called Mr. Muscle oven cleaner. That stuff has not been available for about 10 years now. You could watch the chrome just fall off. Now the choices are brake fluid, Purple Power cleaner or White Wall tire bleach. I sanded the part with 400 grit wet sand paper pour some tire bleach in a dish, let it soak for about 20-30 minutes and use the 400 grit to remove the chrome. I will use Squadron white or green putty to fix any nicks in the plastic, prime and then paint it the color I want. You could even have it chrome plated if you desire.
0119151047.jpg

Hello everyone, Mitchell's girlfriend here. I wanted to stain and clear coat the box going on my bike. I also did the coastline drawing on the side of the box. I'm excited to see this bike finished.
Later!
0120151140.jpg
0119151828c.jpg

Man I have to get some of those Rat Rod Bike decals , they look really good on there
They are pretty cool. This one had to be cut out of the black rectangle shaped decal.

Chezoom!
That's what your awesome chainguard reminds me of...
Nice!

Carl.

Perhaps you can make the fork work with some creative cold-"bending" in all the right places so that the wheel, when "dropped" into the upside-down fork, sits so that the rim is centered up by the crown? I have found almost any bent or poorly-spec'd fork can be made right with some work. And if that doesn't work, dish the wheel to better center it at the crown. But, a disclaimer is necessary here......the bike will not track true with your hands off the bars...:blush:

Latest posts

Back