WBO 2017 Jan 1st to April 1st: ANYTHING GOES INCLUDING BUILDS ALREADY STARTED!---GO!---

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops! Yes, it should...
Fixed now, thanks!

Yes, but you can't enter previously started builds in the main build-off.

Luke.
And there are rules in the main build-off, and you can only enter 0ne bike. Maybe we could call this the 'The What Ever' 2017 Winter build-off. Just not to confuse anyone.:21:

I have wanted to call one of my builds
"The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper"
for SOooo... long, different cartoon but still...
I have also missed watching your builds.
Wait. Isn't an anything goes build off what the main build off is?

Carl.
That would go in 'The Ratty Roddy Wacky Racey Build-off.
Shame we all don't live in the same town, then we could have a race day.
But we could do a vid race, set a course of 50-100 meters. The rider has to be filmed and timed from start to finish showing the clock. Then submit the vid.The bike has to last the course. Bit like a soap box race.

Is the one bike rule written in stone? I'm lobbying for an exclusion clause. I have two unfinished bikes, and the only reason they are unfinished is because I'm waiting for powder coat. Once I get my paint, it's just assembly. I guess I can fill the remaining 80 days accessorizing and prizing. BTW. I really love RAT ROD BIKES!!!!

Is the one bike rule written in stone? I'm lobbying for an exclusion clause. I have two unfinished bikes, and the only reason they are unfinished is because I'm waiting for powder coat. Once I get my paint, it's just assembly. I guess I can fill the remaining 80 days accessorizing and prizing. BTW. I really love RAT ROD BIKES!!!!
The one bike rule is only in the Main build-off, this one you can enter as many as you like.
Are there prizes? So far, I'm better at getting those done than the actual bikes.
People are free to offer up prizes as they see fit, there are no 'official' prizes as it seems to make people take things too seriously, but nothing to stop people starting a prize thread and offering prizes. :thumbsup:

Just bear in mind postage costs if the selected winner is overseas, the build-offs tend to get entrants from most continents, postage can be expensive if the prizes are bulky or heavy, and you may feel the pain in your wallet more than expected.

Luke.

The one bike rule is only in the Main build-off, this one you can enter as many as you like.

People are free to offer up prizes as they see fit, there are no 'official' prizes as it seems to make people take things too seriously, but nothing to stop people starting a prize thread and offering prizes. :thumbsup:

Just bear in mind postage costs if the selected winner is overseas, the build-offs tend to get entrants from most continents, postage can be expensive if the prizes are bulky or heavy, and you may feel the pain in your wallet more than expected.

Luke.
Yes, I considered the shipping cost, but I'm not too worried about it. Being part of this community is already free and very rewarding. Having unofficial prizes is fun. I'm all for it and will continue to find creative ways to make this process more fun for everyone.

Alright, we have an empty 3 month time slot at the start of next year, we ran it as an anything goes build-off for a couple of years and switched it up to an offroad build-off last time, which seemed to go down well...

I have been reading through old build-off suggestions and one that keeps popping up is a build-off to finish off unfinished bikes, either from previous build-off's that were never finished or just builds that stopped somewhere along the way before getting completed.

A build-off specially for those builds could be great motivation to get them finished, and some of those builds could be spectacular if they finally got done!

EDIT: Going to run this as Anything Goes, only rules are must be human powered (can have motor but must retain pedals) and must be in the finished area by the deadline.

Does not matter if builds are already started before the build-off, provided they are not a completely finished build.

Luke.
That's cool! Maybe that would give me a chance to finish up "Blue Max".
DSCN2093.jpg

I have wanted to call one of my builds
"The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper"
for SOooo... long, different cartoon but still...
I have also missed watching your builds.
Wait. Isn't an anything goes build off what the main build off is?

Carl.
Don't forget Rodger Ramjet and his Eagles, fighting for our freedom!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might be in for class 2. I'm taking 4-6 complete bikes and reducing them to piles of parts for MBBO#5. I should be able to piece at least 1 back together. We'll see how the new year goes, wife thinks I'm crazy with the current build.
MY WIFE IS HAPPY WITH ALL MY BIKES, SHE NEVER HAS TO WONDER WHERE I AM OR WHAT I AM UP TOO AS I AM ALWAYS IN THE SHOP. SHE APPRECIATES CRAZY.

Last edited:
Hmm...Tempting. If you can't finish your unfinished non-finisher this time around, are you then penalized for a non-finish of the unfinishable that you thought you were going to finish if you don't finish it this time? :39:
I would think with this format that a 2016 Winter Anything-Goes/Unfinished Buildoff should have a lot of cool bikes!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Maybe... :39:

I'm currently in the process of looking for a new house (rental) to move to, so depending on when that happens, and where I end up (space for building), I might complete my last remaining bike… Sidebolt. In anticipation of moving, I gave all my bikes and parts to another RRBer, @Endlesschain. This is where Sidebolt stands at the moment...

069_October2016.jpg

070_October2016.jpg

Glen.

Latest posts

Back