(WBO) '36 Elgin Bluebird CRUSToration. (DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it! You know the more I look at the graceful lines of your Bluebird. Since you are not running fenders or a chaingaurd for now. I would run some Spun aluminum full moon discs. I think it would look very extraterrestrial and bring out the frame design.

Joe, thats a GREAT third post. Welcome Aboard if I havent said so before. I love that thought myself, and second it.

FZ

a9289f02c7421bef91e945cbb7acfeeb.jpg

5c85e2529268169ee2a2994d3aec6a28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ on what they said, plus just noticed the stem, very nice! Is that original Bluebird?

Luke.
Yes, that's the rare BB stem. I was very happy to see it was on the bike when I got it. Probably a $500 stem.

Yes, that's the rare BB stem. I was very happy to see it was on the bike when I got it. Probably a $500 stem.
BB Stem....:39:, BigBucks?
...ah...I got it, BlueBird:blush:
I'm glad you're taking us all along for the ride on this one Tyler, it's coming back to life beautifully.

Nice work all around

Got all the holes in the frame filled now the correct parts!

Fenders and a rack are not likely to happen to this bike but I'd like to find the correct crank sprocket with some teardrop pedals!

74e2bfcca59ae41befebfbbcace09cb0.jpg

surely the guy that did the tank piece could make you fenders, if you wanted to go that route. actually, i cant remember what the fenders look like on a bb.
You Google 1936 Blue Bird Bicycle in images and you'll see those fenders. Gonna be harder to find them with the fender ornament still on it.

Last edited:
seems like I went browsing elgin parts or columbia on the bay and found a columbia being sold with a fender and an "ornament" they hadnt seen before.. Hope this helps somewhere down the line :p

[And the treasure hunt continues...]

seems like I went browsing elgin parts or columbia on the bay and found a columbia being sold with a fender and an "ornament" they hadnt seen before.. Hope this helps somewhere down the line :p

[And the treasure hunt continues...]
Can you send me a link?

Latest posts

Back