(WBO) 58 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet 3/29/15...Whewww !! DONE !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end I will probably change the seat because this one is too small and uncomfortable...as I plan on riding this beauty !

Don't blame you swapping out that seat. Some of those "square" type seats are not very comfortable.

Hope them rims clean up as good as the rest of it did...

Carl.

Just in the nick of time...got this beauty done !!! I was hoping for a test ride today but we got a couple of inches of ice and snow last night so I will wait...but in the mean time I carried her over the snow to grab some photos before the deadline.
The bike looks great in the sun....and after a little coaxing I got the horn sounding very loud. I added an LED Headlight to go along with the fender light as I like to ride into town at night during the summer and want to be as visible as possible. I also changed the seat to something more comfortable and I think appropriate for the bike. Other than that the bike is completely original as bought from the original owner.
This build was lots of fun and has given me the incentive to get some other builds finished while stealing lots of ideas from all the great bike builders on this site. Posting most photos in the DONE section.

This one owner beauty was on my radar ever since you posted it as a Fresh Find.
I'm thankful we got to ride along for the detailed and informative resurrection.
Those old Schwinns sure scrubb up swell!

Great job on the restoration, I loved reading how you brought it back to life. I have a 59 deluxe hornet in this exact color combo, to bad you didn't live on the other end of the states, a picture of the two together would look awsome! I will post a picture of mine for you to see today, and tell me what you think, Big brother and little brother. Ha! Ha! Again, beautiful job!:thumbsup:

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's my 1959 deluxe hornet in the same exact color combo.

Hi everyone.... new member here.....
Nice restoration on your Hornet bebopblu, I just picked up the exact same Hornet on Monday....opalescent red with black, deluxe model.....barn fresh. Seems to be orig but has a white Mesinger seat? Serial is 8G06531 dates to 2/5/58....
Will try to get pictures on here later.....
Great forum guys....Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back