(WBO) kiss the rings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I started with this but quickly realized the tank was too bike. I'm glad I made another one. It was my first tank so glad I did cause the second came out much better, much better.

This isn't hard to do in the bead roller but the letters required patience cause one slip up and all your work is scrap.
I eventually decided to scrap the big SF logo, which was gonna be a 3d version and spin around inside the frame. I'll save
an idea like that for something else.

the front fender was lame so I wanted something beefier. I ended up having to notch the forks to get this fat boy in there.

the tank shaped up nicely, or was it that I lived in the garage til it came out right? Either way it was set up for an easy weld.

patches welded in

more gimmicky decorations for the frame. Next time I hope to make my own frame AND decorate it.

seat fabrication. I never found a seat on line that I liked so I made one.

then I made this patch for the rear fender

I bought a sewing machine to do this and for future bikes.

tank top all tig welded in. I was happy about this

I knew it needed some main logo so I fabbed up this step for this lapel pin and it's going to look great!

I thought it needed flags to show my pride

now for the small detailed stuff and minor changes.

this was a pain to fabricate in one piece

good enough for me

this rear fender bracket made me want to puke. Terrible look. It had to go

much much better

handle bars were moving so I took care of it.

back from the powder coaters

a little pin striping for the fender badge. Love it.

paint time!

sanded and buffed

brake parts

helmet tank. couldn't ask for a better outcome

Very cool bike, been following along on your other thread.

Just a quick question though, when did you actually start work on the bike? Your other thread starts on Jan 17th, and it looks like most of the work was already done at that point...

Luke.

Very cool bike, been following along on your other thread.

Just a quick question though, when did you actually start work on the bike? Your other thread starts on Jan 17th, and it looks like most of the work was already done at that point...

Luke.
most of the work was done in the summer of 2014 and when I realized I had access to a booth, which was recently, early 2015. Does that disqualify me?

most of the work was done in the summer of 2014 and when I realized I had access to a both, which was recently, early 2015. Does that disqualify me?
Unfortunately the build must be done between the dates specified, still a very cool bike though!

Luke.

I read the rules and the only thing it states in regards is that it can't be DONE by the start, and it was far from done. It doesn't say anywhere that it can't have something completed. I could have just bought after market parts and held them in a closet for a while and it would have been ok. I think that's getting a little technical with the rules and as a result can exclude good bikes from entering due to technicalities. I understand the rule though, I just wish it was more clear in the rules stated. It was not clear.

I read the rules and the only thing it states in regards is that it can't be DONE by the start, and it was far from done. It doesn't say anywhere that it can't have something completed. I could have just bought after market parts and held them in a closet for a while and it would have been ok. I think that's getting a little technical with the rules and as a result can exclude good bikes from entering due to technicalities. I understand the rule though, I just wish it was more clear in the rules stated. It was not clear.
I understand what you are saying, it did say the the bike "must not already be built" but I can see that could be taken as "final assembly (building) not done."

Rules have now been clarified, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back