(WBO) Raspberry Ice- '41 Excelsior DX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Traded my old man this '41 DX frame for a headbadge (who got the better end of that deal I don't know...) figured the build might as well go up here.

IMG_20141221_142858.jpg

10d42bd1-93a7-4936-b70e-66834de722d9.jpg

Last edited:
BTW- anybody know if the kind gentleman who was machining the skiptooth sprockets for Nexus hubs is still around? I the deleted the link a while back and can't remember where or who it was. For some reason the world 'Lincoln' is in my head, but I don't know if that was the name of his shop, his location, or whathaveyou.

Ichi- that's the one! Hopefully 'in stock soon' will be before April :) The wheels he got from Electra many years ago and are a weird not-quite-red/not-quite-pink color we decided (after a few beers) to call Raspberry. Inter-8 rear/Dynamo front with roller brakes... yummy. Traditional stock pattern, pink accent over silver, eventually...

Bougainvillea%20Raspberry%20Ice.jpg

Raspberry Ice...Bougainvillea. Which now that I look at it, is about the same color as the wheels after all. Now I have to find a big patch of it for final pics :)

lol. Well at least with the Grand National Roadster Show coming up this weekend dad's motivated... going to take a wheel in to get some paint matched this week and we dug up an old batter charger for some electrolytic rust removal action. $75 for a skiptooth chain? Shirley you must be mad!

IMG_20150118_184704.jpg

Photobucket's being persnickety today, but I couldn't be happier with they way the chain came out. And of course, in typical "can't seem to keep focused on one project at a time" fashion I ordered a chain guard for my '40/41 DX back burner frame, only to discover (as mentioned in the other thread) that I have a matching non truss fork and fender for it, so at the end of the day as far a my frames stand the 40 actually has more potential to being completed under the deadline then the second '48, so the Dueling DX's may have to switch over here and become the Fighting Forties.

Oh, and did I mention that I finally found the perfect pedals for my Jamis build?

Ugg. Yes, it's a disease. And I really hope there isn't a cure.

And that chain, as promised... no wire wheels involved.

IMG_20150126_150407.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back