(WBO) SGT. ROCK finished (for now)

Mar 26, 2012
Fairless Hills, PA
Is that red frame a Typhoon? It looks alot like my old paper-route bike from 52 years ago. Still like the looks of it.
Same bike I had for my paper route as well. That "WALD" basket hanging over the front, that bike would fall over loaded at least 3 times a week... for no good reason. STUPID PAPERS! I got a flat one day on the route. Cut the tube out and stuffed news papers in the tire to get it home.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
I'm really trying to figure out the lightest way to do a sidecar...
I've yet to lift a finger on this bike, I'm still spinning ideas around.
Wouldn't a wicker sidecar be exceptional? Not exactly SGT.ROCK,
but it'd still be cool...
So no paint, no theme, till I know what I'm doing...
Ha, like that's gonna happen...

Carl.
What about some sort of wire mesh?

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
What about some sort of wire mesh?
IF, it even gets a sidecar... and a lot of that hinges on being able to find a little wire feed welder for cheap (and the learning curve) but, I'd like to build a good rigid frame with a sprung (buggy style) bullet nose, fabbed from scratch. Something like 5/16 solid tube and sheetmetal... I can see this thing in my mind and I think I can build it. Lucky for me there's a lot of time and the bike itself doesn't need much. Of course something found, like a rocket from a carnival ride,(wouldn't that be cool!?) could find it's way on here too!

Carl. :comando:

Aug 23, 2013
DFW , TEXAS
IF, it even gets a sidecar... and a lot of that hinges on being able to find a little wire feed welder for cheap (and the learning curve) but, I'd like to build a good rigid frame with a sprung (buggy style) bullet nose, fabbed from scratch. Something like 5/16 solid tube and sheetmetal... I can see this thing in my mind and I think I can build it. Lucky for me there's a lot of time and the bike itself doesn't need much. Of course something found, like a rocket from a carnival ride,(wouldn't that be cool!?) could find it's way on here too!

i think i saw one in the side car tread somewhere !

Jan 20, 2013
San Diego
Wich I still had the pic, but a while back I ran into a vespa with a side car made from an airplane pedal car. Was the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Wich I still had the pic, but a while back I ran into a vespa with a side car made from an airplane pedal car. Was the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.
I've seen that pic. I really like the wicker ones, but I'm leaning towards either a bullet nose or the small military style on the Indian...
I have seen a mini VW van on a Vespa too... pretty wild.

Carl.

Jul 26, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Get a cheapy Harbor Freight wire feed set up and buy decent (Lincoln or Hobart) wire for it. The wire really makes the difference. $100 easy.

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Jul 26, 2011
San Antonio, TX
That sounds like just what I'm looking for...
A small investment to get started with...
You ever use one?

Carl.
I borrowed my neighbors when I built the sub frame for my pedicab, that's how I learned about the wire thing. It's by no means a precision piece of equipment but it welds. It's a good starter.

Sep 1, 2014
the 110 sticks are all junk that ive seen anyway but the 110 migs most are decent welders but i would get one that you can use gas or flux core both you can usually do pretty good getting one from the pawn shop if it is a decent pawn shop

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Sep 1, 2014
I agree with patman there has been some really cool kids cars or toys made from wheel barrow tubs. I would check google out. I have seen a couple that was made to look like T buckets or 23 ford roadsters. I bet it would make a neat sidecar maybe one on top of the other to make a capsel? I'm sorry just thinking while typing.

Reactions: patman73
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I found my seat, was on my 36' Hawthorne (Little Neutrino)
when I found it... It's like baseball glove leather and HUGE!
unmarked I have no idea who made it. but it's comfy.

probably won't use these big aftermarket bars...

Too shiny...

Carl.