(WBO) SGT. ROCK finished (for now)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pull some all nighters,you could do it.:grin:
Not unless I'm gettin' paid for them...lol

It's a cash thing, kinda tight right now.
I do have a 4 stroke horizontal shaft,
but it's a bit wide and I'd still have to rig a clutch...
No hurry for this one it's gonna happen...
and it's a roller now... woohoo!

Carl.

Sidecar,you could make. you have time.;)(old fork,spare wheel,and part of a frame with head stem or scrap metal)
Tank a old lawnmower one or a plastic one.Then fabricate the shape you want,use that as the shell.

Sidecar,you could make. you have time.;)(old fork,spare wheel,and part of a frame with head stem or scrap metal)
Tank a old lawnmower one or a plastic one.Then fabricate the shape you want,use that as the shell.
Well Sunshine, I gave the old stick welder I had back to its original owner. I've been trying to score a new one but I just can't swing it right now.... 23 days to go, we'll see what I can do with no cash, no welder and no spare parts to speak of...

Carl.

I found these when I was building mine,you could just design one that is bolted all together.There is one that you use half a bike frame,similar to below.
hqdefault.jpg
02_lowridersidecar.jpg
03_lowridersidecar.jpg

I've been sanding some cabinet doors and drawers by hand and looked over at my fender... well, next thing you know I'm stripping the housepaint!

Then I applied a rattle can coat of hunter green to the inside of the fender. I'll shoot some flat olive on the outside tomorrow to match the frame.

Carl.

Think a balloon tire fender from a
36' Hawthorne will fit on a 63' Schwinn middleweight?

Carl o_O

It depends on how willing you are to make it fit.:)
hehehe... it's on there now. ;)
I'm just waiting for my stupid cell phone pics
to come back to my email to upload to photobucket...

Carl.

I had originally thought about bobbing this fender but I like the braces. There was so much paint on it all so after chem strip I still had to sand them. I also cut the rivets off and after repaint, reattached them with brass acorn nuts.

I raised the seat up to riding position. I wonder how much that green wall messes with my camera's color :eek: shift? o_O Those fender braces are flat black, the frame and fender are flat olive....

Carl.

Went for a spin today. 46/18 just seems such an even gear ratio, nice and easy but still can get goin' if you want. I don't care for the look of that sprocket but it's what I have at the moment...

I think I'm gonna paint them forks olive...

Carl. :39:

Lookin good Carl.
Any thoughts on a front fender? Feels like something is missing on the front end...Mmmmm Maybe a light,a massive one?

Lookin good Carl.
Any thoughts on a front fender? Feels like something is missing on the front end...Mmmmm Maybe a light,a massive one?
I've got a fender but its pretty raggedy...
But I do have a big light in the works...;)
Got some parts today, too bad I ordered them wrong. Anybody need an 1 1/8" headset? I don't... stems totally wrong too. Oh well, parts stash... Necessity forced me to figure out how to make what I have work, so I'm good, but it was frustrating looking at the headset and realizing it wasn't going to work. Took the front end apart and painted the forks olive. Mounted a nice little reflector on the rear fender. So I'm getting there...

Carl.

Ya know what the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the sprocket?
103_051.jpg

I like the way your build is pulling together Carl. 'Rock' On:rockout:

Last edited:
Worked on the front end today.... we'll see if the fender will work out, may have my light mount fabbed too, just need a couple fender washers. Had to touch up the paint on the forks after assembly. Net is down here, burnin' data on my notso smart phone. Pics when I can...

Carl.

I'm sure you have a hidden idea up your sleeve on the light.
Maybe something that looks like a radar screen.;)
Haha, I didn't... recycled the light from the Difference Engine with a mount that holds the fender too. But now you got me thinking about some masking... The thread about the socketed LEDs has me fixing to rebuild the light anyway. It's an old Deitz that I cut the back out of the glass bulb for LEDs, pretty slick but those new bulbs are variable power supply and BRIGHT.

Carl.

Found a new ray-o-vac flashlight with those LED retrofit bulbs for six bucks and bought two... broke my bulb that goes in the deitz housing.... RATS! So now I'm scavenging to find some kind of lens to fit the deitz bucket...

Carl.

I've been taking pics to doc this light... when my wifi goes back up I can upload them w/ my laptop... (since I haven't figured out how to w/ my phone) but I believe I have solved my light dilemma (I can't believe I broke that bulb) I cut a 5.5" disk out of aluminum, cut two 2.25" holes for the lights reflectors and made a lense from clear styrene that has a square pattern stamped into it. Should be able to get the batteries inside the deitz bucket too. Pics soon hopefully...

Carl.

Like the new bars on there and the fender looks great. Front fender would be nice to balance it out but looking good.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back