(WBO) SGT. ROCK finished (for now)

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
My wifi is back so here's the headlight snafu and rebuild...

First I was drilling the back of the bulb out for bigger LEDs I got out of these lanterns...

well I broke the bulb, so I started scavenging...
and found the aluminum sheet and cut 2 holes out "old school"

I cut the reflectors down to fit two across and glued them in with ShoeGoo, which is a nice thick silicone.

fits in the housing... to the right are the LED bulbs in sockets...

made a lens out of styrene I had from HO modeling "glass block"

batteries fit inside, 8 AA's, flat front looks kinda odd but ok to me.

not pictured is a strip of foam lining the bezel, I used the adhesive style for sealing drafty doors, it holds the aluminum sheet and styrene lens against the front of the bezel... I then lined the inside with some other foam bits I had, to keep all the batteries and wiring and such in place.

Carl.

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Wow Carl that's looking killer! Maybe a big olive chainguard for some more oliveyness?That color is great.

Nice work on the light. That Shoe Goo is good stuff! I use it for slot car repairs.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Truthfully, I just don't have a chainguard for it, or any in my parts. It will get one at some point, there's a lot I'd to do on this bike. It will probably get continued in a build thread. Motor and sidecar are in my head for now...
It's pretty much done except for some details. As far as the WBO it's a roller and rides nice too. I'll be putting a smaller sprocket on when it gets motored but for now the ratio is nice for getting up to speed... Street legal needs a few more things after the engine, tailights etc. But for now I'm happy with it.

Carl.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Ok so I changed the order of the layers of materials on/in my headlight.
Painted the aluminum olive, then the styrene, then the reflectors. Now it looks remarkably better IMO. Louvers may still show up but this is a step in the right direction.

Carl.

Jan 26, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
Very, very cool build. I have been thinking about changing up my headlight too and I like what you have done with yours. I particularly love the idea of mounting the batteries for it internally, it definitely keeps it super clean.

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
One last post here.
At some point this bike will be motorized.
I'll get a thread going in the gas motor builds. (eventually)
I'm lookiing at 4 strokers cuz I don't want to burn mix.
I have also sourced a welder but it's 220, (sidecar...)
so I have to get a line out to the garage...
This build off was as fun watching as it was competing.

Peace and love,
Carl.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles