(WBO2015) 1910 INDIAN Board Track - COMPLETED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on finishing and happy birthday! I can't wait to get mine running too. I expected the motor to sound like a weed eater but it sounds tough in that video! The headlight is a good fit also! :cool2:
Just remember it's just been running for about 20mins.
There is a grinding no wait like a wurrring sound,that makes it loud.Seems like its coming from the head,guessing the piston.Hope with a few tanks and miles it will calm down.Running it on 16:1 for now.
But riding along it is smooth,and not that loud.I will still need to adjust the idle some,as it breaks in.

Thanx guys for the compliments and wishes.
It really does look like it has come from out of a lost barn in the past.It even sounds like it when rolling.
Sounds loud on the vid,but the camera is not the best.
One worker saw it in action,and he couldn't take his eyes off it.
You have to think-
1. I live on a rock in the middle of the med sea.
2.The island might get people from all over the world,but the locals are so far back in time.
3. Was once a poor farming community,and transport was a donkey.They only have had transport here(ie roads) since 70's.And then only 2-3 cars on the island.

So 90% of the people don't know what it is(even a original).
When they see my bicycles they are like:43::39:.

You are easily one of my top favorite builders to watch!!!! Truly inspired by your work! Hope you had an awesome birthday!!

Awesome,of cause today was awesome.KF I rode all day.Lookin like this :D:grin:.
Went for 2 rides.
So with a full belly and a full tank of gas,off I whizzed.
Ride 1.
Was out to the mines/ghosttown,then around the countryside.
Lost my brake clip on the way back(can't remember if I had tighten the bolt:39:)
So of course no brakes going down a hill:crazy:,also forgot to mount the shifter on,but it is mounted properly now.
Here is a map.So you guys get a idea.
L113.jpg
Had a blast,took tools with me just in case any problems.The road is dirt and full of rutts and potholes and water.
This is a old mining village,that is left to rot.Full of mines and mine shafts.
Love this bit of graffitti.
1-
DSCN4243.JPG
2-
DSCN4249.JPG
3-
DSCN4250.JPG
On top of the old weighing station
4-
DSCN4261.JPG
The top of the chutes.
5-
DSCN4269.JPG
6-
DSCN4270.JPG
Under the chutes,Where the trucks use to load up.
7-
DSCN4277.JPG
8-
DSCN4283.JPG
A old belt
9-
DSCN4293.JPG
10-
DSCN4309.JPG
Looking back at the old miners housing.
11-
DSCN4318.JPG
A panoramic shot,this area is used for skeet shooting,and a motorcross track,also the boys 4x4 here.
12-
DSCN4321.JPG
Starting to head back.
13-
DSCN4328.JPG
Stopped to fix the brake arm with a bit of wire.This is a roadside seat,and waterhole.
14-
DSCN4331.JPG
The country bridge.With the engine running.
15-
DSCN4337.JPG

Ride 2
I went down to the fishing village,then back into the same country road but in reverse.
On top of the mountain to the right is the air force base(one of the biggest this side of the pond)
The mining village is on the other side of that mountain.
On the jetty
16-
DSCN4345.JPG
Looking out over the sea,and across to Naxos
17-
DSCN4352.JPG

The islands Amorgos and Naxos facing towards Santorini
18-
DSCN4357.JPG
Old Mercedes trucks graveyard.
19-
DSCN4372.JPG

Last edited:
4 more pics,that couldn't fit in the last lot.

Next to a restored Benz
20-
DSCN4389.JPG
Old house with blue gate.
21-
DSCN4399.JPG
Peek-a-boo locals
22-
DSCN4404.JPG
Back home
23-
DSCN4429.JPG
Ok so need help choosing what ones are the best pics to post on the finished section...

I'm in love with this bike!! You definitely have some skills. I have one of those motors that's been sitting around the house for a couple years now. You've got me inspired to build a motorized bike. I can't stop looking at the pix you took. :43::43::43::43: Very cool. Oh, and happy birthday!

It sure is a shame that you don't have any cool picturesque areas close by, to take some breath taking pics of your bike. I think I called it a month ago. "WINNER"

So today I wanted to go and get more pics,picturesque areas like Big Ape said.
We do have some stunning areas for shooting.
I wanted to stay close for the first run in to get a feel of the bike.
It is spring time here and we have fields full of daisies + poppies.
And I wanted to go to the town.
But guess what it is raining with thunderstorms.
Seems like 1 sunny day a week.
So will have to go with what I have.

Just to prove it moves...
There goes the neighborhood!!!
Going out to the mines,trying to miss the potholes and hold a camera firm is a task,should be in a circus.
'Look Ma no hands'
Around the country side of Maoy.A couple of locals enjoy the afternoon peace and quite.Until I come along...
I need to invest in a mount on action camera.

Latest posts

Back