We want the Klunk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted to do a Klunker style ride but had to go boardtracker with the engine factor. Very cool build.

Managed some work on the bike over the three day weekend.
Ran the brake cable,

Installed the bottom bracket, chain and rear brake strap,

Touched up the paint, and took it for a test ride.
Well the headset is screwy and needs to be rebuilt, and there is a couple of other plans to try, but I am liking what I have so far...

Super clean build but tough!

Looks good! I always thought of using bed liner on a frame.

Fixed the headset!
Note to self, just because the headset cups look the same, doesn't mean they're interchangeable.:headbang:
Also, a new addition...

Wow, I really like the texture! I may "borrow" this idea as well but with a clear chip guard spray... this would allow me to pick a color I want but still have that rough appearance. I'm still debating repainting mine at all but this adds another "pro" to the repaint side of the argument!

Well I reassembled the front brake, made a new strap for the rear and rehung the front wheel. Much better!
Brake side

Drive side

Forget going over obstacles, with this fork I can go through them!

Actually, I'll have to, it is too heavy for me to loft...

which stand is that ? looking for a new one - pro's ? cons ?
It is a Park folding stand. I love it. I sometimes wish that it could be higher, but really, no problems. It also folds up really small and can fit in a corner.

Good looking bike!

Latest posts

Back