Weird people on Craigslist - Tell your story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple of weeks ago I get an E-mail and it is some chick interested in my bike that I posted on Craigslist. We set up a date and time for her to come over. When that time came, she didn't show up. She had my phone number and everything but didn't call me as I was waiting for her to pull up in the driveway.

Finally, a number of hours later, I get an E-mail. She wasn't very apologetic and said, "I couldn't make it today, would Sunday work?" I knew she was fooling around with me so I avoided her, until I got a phone call a couple days later. So we set up another time.... 4pm sharp. She said that sounds great, see you tomorrow. I knew it wouldn't happen. Sure enough, I was waiting but she didn't show up again.

The next day, I asked her what was going on. She said that she came to the door, but nobody was around. She told me that she thought about taking the bike into her vehicle which was parked on the walk way and put the money by the door. She also said that she opened the garage door to see if anyone was in there... what really got me wondering is that she knew the bike was displaying on the walk way, indicating that she had to have been by my house. I reply, "Interesting, what time was this when you came over?" She said 4pm sharp, lol. I was looking in the driveway well before, at, and after 4pm. I'm 100% her vehicle did not touch the driveway.

She's a psycho. I have no clue what her motive is and why she is not only wasting my time, but her own time. It's amazing how people act so stupid that they think you're stupid. To be continued..... :mrgreen:

Anyone else have any weird experiences from idiots on Craigslist? It almost makes you wonder what's going on in his/her head, and I chuckle at their lack of common sense. :lol:

I had a kitchen sink on there. Got several inquiries. Plenty of pics and I went into great detail via email responses. The last gal who asked about it said that since I lived on the south side of town and she lived on the north side, the distance was too great to drive. Apparently she must not be able to remember where she lives so she sticks close to home. Crazy.

I did sell a bike and it was smooth.

A while back I had a Schwinn Fixie for sale and a guy called me and said he wanted it so we settled on a time, an hour late a car pulls in to my driveway and three tight pant wearing hipsters get out that are all stoned, the guy gives me my money I give him the bike and he dosen't even say a word.

I have a Craigslist story that might not be weird but it is annoying. I have this old surfboard that needs some repairs that i never got around to fixing so i figured i could get a few bucks from it. Well i put it on with like 5 detailed pictures and i got a few replies/ questions. This one guy wrote me and said he was really interested in the board. Ok so lets make plans to meet up and make the deal. Well i suggest when we can meet and hes in agreement but i never hear from him again after that. I never got rid of the board so i go back and repost it a couple months later and who do you think asked about it? Same guy again. Once again he states he wants the board and i'm thinking this time hes serious. We go through the whole process again....time, place, $$$, etc. and it seems to be a done deal, but once again i never hear from him again. :shock: This got me a little annoyed. So next time i put it back on there he'll probablly ask about it but too bad for him cause he's not even getting a response from me.
:mrgreen:

Next time, give him a time, place, and then don't show up yourself.

I generally have a positive view of mankind. I assume that other people are honest, sober, rational and in their right minds. But, that's not always the case, and think y'all are experiencing that.

Man that would be some good karma right there, but i'm not even gonna waste my time or energy on that dude. I even offered to meet him halfway and everything. He obviously didnt really want the board. I just wonder why he wasted his own time on it. I dont get some people. Who knows

schwinnmesa said:
She's a psycho. I have no clue what her motive is and why she is not only wasting my time, but her own time. It's amazing how people act so stupid that they think you're stupid. To be continued..... :mrgreen:
Dude... Was she cute.. :roll: ?

bicycleguy said:
A while back I had a Schwinn Fixie for sale and a guy called me and said he wanted it so we settled on a time, an hour late a car pulls in to my driveway and three tight pant wearing hipsters get out that are all stoned, the guy gives me my money I give him the bike and he dosen't even say a word.
That sounds like my best friends son...How did you know that they were "stoned'...?

this is a kijiji story but again a huge waste of time.

i had an old pe 175 dirt bike i listed. an older man contacted me and asked for more pic's, after a few emails bickering over the price, he arranged to meet me. now i listed the bike for $1400 and he was offering $1200 via email. i agreed to his price, but figured he was gonna try and low ball me when he came to see it.

well he did. after 20min of checking the bike out, starting it up and closely inspecting it with a fine tooth comb, he told me he was flat broke. it was followed by a huge sob story about how his life sucked, blah diddy blah, then asked me if i would give him the bike for free.

now i know we have young en's on board, so this is where my story ends.
i'm sure you can imagen my reply.

kid selling a "vintage time capsule Mongoose bmx" 1980's, chrome etc. etc. several times in his listing he states "must see". "sorry no photos", asking $ 99.00. I know sometimes loading photos on craigslist can be an issue, or maybe he only has a camera phone or something. but i'm pretty sure just about everyone knows someone with a camera and the abilty to e-mail a photos. So i politely reqeust some photos, its a 45 min drive after all. i get a reply "cant you read you dip@#&@! NO PHOTOS A@)$Ho)@&)". and on and on. I sent him a reply of sorts....finishing with "good luck selling anything with that attitude...

On the other hand... I had listed a ladies AMF bike from the late 50's. I pulled off the star sprocket and fenders and sold them to various folks and now had this little cruiser that I had gone over and regreased and put back together with a different sprocket and fenders, spiffy basket etc.
A lady came to look at it and took it for a brief ride around the park. She didn't look comfortable at all and when she was returning to me I noticed she and the bike were wobbling quite a little bit. She got off and walked the bike to me and said she was going to keep looking at other bikes.

As I took the bike from her I realized the wobble was because I had completely forgotten to do more than hand tighten the axle bolts front and rear! It's a wonder I didn't kill this poor woman! I guess I got a little busy running from bike to bike and doing a little work here and something else there, then the dog needs to go for a walk and I forgot the basics!

After everything was tightened down, and I checked all the other bikes, I sold her to a nice young lady who came back from her little test ride, pumped her fist and said "oh yeah!".

Alls well that ends well.

bikeriderx said:
schwinnmesa said:
Dude... Was she cute.. :roll: ?

lol... I'm not really sure if she was cute or not, I never saw her face. I did manage to find out her name which led me to her Facebook profile. I looked at her pictures but they were all body shots...

danger_crazy_person_tshirt-p2353396.jpg

Hehehe.... :lol:

Kinda going through one now...I got this guy who wanted my Chopper bike and told me he wants me to hold it and he'll send me the Money Order. We spoke on the phone, exchanged pictures of our bike projects, sounds like a really cool guy. I get his Money Order a day after he says he sent it out. Nothing.
So I wait a few more days, in the mean time I empty my gmail trash. Still nothing. It's been almost a week and I have no way of contacting him and no email.
The MO went into the bank and that's that. I hope the guy's alright. :shock:

Im attempting to sell my old daily driver truck on CL right now. Yesterday the transmission locked up on my way to work so I figure I would post it on there and see if I could get a little more than a salvage yard would offer.

So I get this guy that showed up today, looked over the truck, asked questions for 20 minutes, blah blah blah, I fired it up and showed that the engine still ran fine and then shifted it into gear and let out the clutch and it attempted to move, but with great resistance. He immeadiatly explained that it had a bad clutch, and I was like... no the clutch is fine, its only a couple years old, and had to explain that when it locked up at 50mph it sounded like a bearing exploded. I still dont think he believed me.

Whatever... he had to go home and "approve it with the wife" anyways. :roll:

Then I get a scam offer, dude wants to send a certified bank check for a $300 truck! lol I replied back saying cash only... I dont want no phony certified bank checks! go scam someone else!! lol :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe ill just call the salvage yard. lol :D

Another story...
a while back, I had a sort of an online garage sale thru CL, ran 12 different ads for stuff I was selling so it was a very hectic weekend of answering numerous e-mails, arranging meetings, etc. One of my items I was selling was an antique Underwood typewriter for $20, I didnt know much about it as it came in a package deal from a friend that had a bunch of garage sale leftovers. anyways I get one dude that is interested in the typewriter, and makes an appt to come look at it, he shows up... looks it over and explains that the keys dont have the letters on them, I explained that it was probably some sort of "Trainer" typewriter that a teacher would use on his students... the dude takes off in less that 30 seconds of checking it out, well as he jumped in his car I grabbed a razor blade and found out that the keys had been taped over with masking tape revealing the letters underneath which were perfect, I tried to flag him down just as he left the driveway, but he didnt see me, his loss... because with perfect keys I can double my asking price!

Ive had the strange ones that dont talk too... just hand you the cash and grab the item. I think I prefer selling stuff to those types because its a done deal, no bickering over prices, asking the same dumb questions over and over. Just hand you the cash and take off... it dont get no better than that!!

I had one yesterday that called twice made all these arrangments to come over with a truck, got here looked at the kitchen table set we were selling and tells me "OH no! Its put together with screws OH my kids will destroy that in a couple of days. All the stuff we have is garbage picked and my kids ruin it." Even her husband looked at her funny. They up and left with out hardly saying a word. Just a strange couple I guess. Go figure we were asking about a quarter of what we paid for it.

TommyTwoTime said:
I had one yesterday that called twice made all these arrangments to come over with a truck, got here looked at the kitchen table set we were selling and tells me "OH no! Its put together with screws OH my kids will destroy that in a couple of days. All the stuff we have is garbage picked and my kids ruin it." Even her husband looked at her funny. They up and left with out hardly saying a word. Just a strange couple I guess. Go figure we were asking about a quarter of what we paid for it.

Oh Gawd no not screws! ....

at elast they are showing up, spent a day last week waiting on a guy, he called get directions said he'd be there in an hour... bout 45 minutes later call and say he was running late but on the way, then calll again 45 minuted later and so on all day... bout 8 hours later I told him it was sold. Perhaps he noticed the screws on my bike too!

lol, I got a Craigslist scam E-mail today. This one was pretty weird... and really stupid. :wink:

"Goodday,
I would like to know if this item is pretty much available forsale,Please send me an email or leave message on (580) 713-0510 to know the current condition of the item.Leave me a message with your name and email address, probably a phone number too but won't be able to call back, I'm speech impaired but I will definitely send you an email. Thank you."

:roll:

"pretty much available forsale" ...?? either its for sale or its not, and try periods and proper grammer.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back