Wester Flyer Straight Bar - Worth It?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this local and really like it but the asking price of $150 seems a little steep. What do you think? I haven't had a chance to see it yet. The frame looks to have been brush painted. Looks like a skip tooth sprocket, too.

photo by Phiredog, on Flickr

ratina said:
Thats a good deal, the frame alone sells for $100 on ebay all the time. Go get it! Its a postwar Cleveland Welding bike, around 1947 or 1948

Awesome! This will be my first bike to work with since I was a kid in the 70s. Kinda wanted something not pristine. Plus, the guy dropped the price to $125 today!

Phiredog said:
ratina said:
Thats a good deal, the frame alone sells for $100 on ebay all the time. Go get it! Its a postwar Cleveland Welding bike, around 1947 or 1948

Awesome! This will be my first bike to work with since I was a kid in the 70s. Kinda wanted something not pristine. Plus, the guy dropped the price to $125 today!

Score! Plus it has the sweet curved fender braces. Looks pretty original too. I can decode the serial number when you get it

Rustinkerer said:
I'd think you could find soething like that for under $100, depending on what area you're in. -Adam

I just bought a 1980 Schwinn Typhon all original except the chain guard and no fenders for $110. Will post photos in the Fresh Finds forum. Will still be keeping my eyes open for some rusty treasure.

Latest posts

Back