Western Flyer Muscle Bike...Something ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up this W.F. from a dealer on ebay. It is advertised as a W.F. Wrangler bicycle. It has been painted a couple of times. I'm wondering if a clothing store at one time used this bike as store display to help sell Wrangler Jeans ? The stenciling on the chainguard is very good but chrome tape was added to it as well. The original paint is a bright orange and I'm guessing the seat is original. The serial number is M02786-47608143 . I know that Murray built these bikes for different retailers. Any ideas what model this is ? Is it after 1973 ? Curious ?

Those are some nice one's but this bike appears to have been completely orange with no blending ?

I think that is a 1970. The serial numbers from 1969 up are M and then the last digit of the year I believe. Cool find!

Have the idea of maybe doing a "Rat Fink" theme for this bike ? I could still use the yellow seat and grips.
Maybe a bright green paint job with "Rat Fink" decals ? Yellow chainguard since it has already been painted ?
Just considering it...?

Cool bike to start with ! The bike is a Murray built Eliminator and badged as a Western Flyer Buzz Bike.
Here's one badged as a Foremost Swinger I built up a while back.

The theme of the build

Western Flyer guard from the other one I have.
note the f5 yours would be f1 I believe.

I think '70 is the year but I'm no expert on Murrays.
Mark

Thanks Mark.
I'm just curious about the orange color that this bike has. I have done some checking and can't seem to find anything yet.
You have a great looking bike there.

Cool bike to start with ! The bike is a Murray built Eliminator and badged as a Western Flyer Buzz Bike.
Here's one badged as a Foremost Swinger I built up a while back.

The theme of the build

Western Flyer guard from the other one I have.
note the f5 yours would be f1 I believe.

I think '70 is the year but I'm no expert on Murrays.
Mark
really love this bike sweet sweet sweet

Richard , these bike came in a multitude of color schemes from solids to candy fades and I have seen orange ones...I grew up with these bikes , nobody in my neighborhood wanted them " spoiled Schwinn brats" me I liked them and had a few given to me back then !
Mark

Latest posts

Back