Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Western Flyer three speed ladies bike at a local antique store, cheap. I forgot to look for the date on the rear hub. I wonder if the banana seat would be original to the bike. If it's original I might go back and get it.
IMG_20210217_144401779.jpg
IMG_20210217_144329508.jpgIMG_20210217_144408656.jpg

No, the banana seat was added. That's an English made lightweight, just like a Hercules or other brands made by Raleigh in Nottingham England. Probably late 60's or 70's. It looks to be in good shape, if the wheels roll straight it's a decent bike. The original seat would have been a cruiser style seat.

Cool find, what was the price on the tag? Nice speedo, seat and basket
The asking price was $45 but it was in the basement, where things get moved to after they've been on the main , upstairs floor for a while, so the price is probably negotiable.
I'm not usually into banana seat or ape hanger bar bikes but if the seat had been original...
And it's a girl's bike.:( But I might go back and see if I can get it for less than $45. My wife's thinking about a piece of furniture they have so maybe I can bundle a deal?

Latest posts

Back