Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this in the mail tonight. After doing tons of searches on RRB I think it's 1942 if anyone could help me out a bit more it would be greatly appreciated! Also there are two small holes drilled on the top tube about 5" back from head tube....was that a mounting point for a tank?
photo1-4.jpg

#F26731 on BB
photo2-4.jpg

The holes are for the Delta turn signal switch. It had red arrows on the left and right rear corners of the carrier. Almost the same identical bike as the Hawthorne in my avatar.

The color looks like Schwinn campus green. The earliest campus green bike I've ever seen! Nice springer. Gary

It's a 50-1 WF "Super" in that green, the tank, chainguard, and fenders were a lighter green. Guard and tank had chrome accents, it was a deluxe bike and very cool! -Adam

The serial number list on my western flyer book shows bikes built by cwc

SEPTEMBER 1945 TO JANUARY 1946…… F00001 THRU F99999

here's what mine looks like. i'm told the headlight is hard to find and pricey. i've had this bike for 3 yrs. and have only seen one signal switch on feebay. goodluck with your search.

westernflyergreensuperchrome.jpg

that serial number list is kind of funky and weird

i get this for 50 and 51

AUGUST 1947 THRU SEPTEMBER 1952…………………………………..………….………. A-1-CW THRU A-35000-CW
B-1-CW THRU B-35000-CW
C-1-CW THRU C-35000-CW

and this

1950 A*00001 THRU A*99999 PLUS CW50

1951 A*00001 THRU A*99999 PLUS CW51

now the list is for only western flyers so i dont know

axsepul said:
that serial number list is kind of funky and weird

i get this for 50 and 51

AUGUST 1947 THRU SEPTEMBER 1952…………………………………..………….………. A-1-CW THRU A-35000-CW
B-1-CW THRU B-35000-CW
C-1-CW THRU C-35000-CW

and this

1950 A*00001 THRU A*99999 PLUS CW50

1951 A*00001 THRU A*99999 PLUS CW51

now the list is for only western flyers so i dont know

Thats weird. From what Phil has said, the CW serial numbers ran from 47-49, ACw from 50-51, then 52cw - 56cw

the book also says and i quote

The manufacturers of our Western Flyer Bicycles use different serial numbering systems... This chart gives a complete and up-to-date list of the serial numbering systems used by those manufacturers.
Use this chart to identify the bicycle manufacturer when it is necessary to order Western Flyer repair parts.

it has serial number lists for monark, huffman, amf (cwc) and murray. but who knows!

Oh and westfield with 3 years

i bought the book here from this guy

viewtopic.php?t=48935

axsepul said:
the book also says and i quote

The manufacturers of our Western Flyer Bicycles use different serial numbering systems... This chart gives a complete and up-to-date list of the serial numbering systems used by those manufacturers.
Use this chart to identify the bicycle manufacturer when it is necessary to order Western Flyer repair parts.

it has serial number lists for monark, huffman, amf (cwc) and murray. but who knows!

Oh and westfield with 3 years

i bought the book here from this guy

viewtopic.php?t=48935

Who's "our" western flyer bicycles? Cleveland Welding? All of the cleveland welding built western flyers I've seen have had the same serial numbers as the rest of the cwc bikes. I wonder what Phil has to say about that.

The book is a service manual for western auto employees. It has a part list for every manufacture. According to the book some western flyer had the western auto stock number after the serial number. The book tells the employee how to order replacement parts. The huffman serial number list is awesome and the murray. Lots of info on this book.

axsepul said:
The book is a service manual for western auto employees. It has a part list for every manufacture. According to the book some western flyer had the western auto stock number after the serial number. The book tells the employee how to order replacement parts. The huffman serial number list is awesome and the murray. Lots of info on this book.

Different manufacturers made western flyers for western auto. Thats why I asked who the ' our' was. Does the book say it's cwc built bikes? Just curious. I know Huffman built some too

westernflyergreensuperchrome.jpg
[/quote]

I guess you will need this tank.

the book does have a list but you must have the model number. sadly it doesnt have a lot pictures

AMF.jpg

look at the prices. call them up, they might still have some NOS parts :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back