western flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys I found this today, looked it over and threw the guy an offer. We could not agree on a price. So I am asking your opinions...
Looks to be a late 40's Western Flyer. Rear hub frozen, front rim in poor shape (I would say wheels are a loss) Original paint in fairly good shape, Chrome is not too bad.Troxel seat fair condition, Crank looks like it needs new seats and bearings. Rear fender pretty wrinkled, front fender is good. Head badge is there but all bent up (looks like someone tried to pry it off) Anyone want to put a value on it? I think I know but l ooking for other opinions.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

1948%2520western%2520flyer%25203.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Its got a lot of cool factor and personality going on for it., the headlight,. that amazing saddle and the license. Lest we forget the reflectors havent been cherrypicked either. Someone genuinely showed love and ride time with this., that set aside and looking monetarily. I can see it getting 2-300 depending on buyer, reason and overall neat bike. If I had 300 and was looking for a bike of this era., this would be what Id relax happily on. Something with appeal and suited for a crusade!

FZ​

I can't remember what they call that headlight, but it may be worth some coin on its own.

Latest posts

Back